Extension fitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophia Kelly

Reaction score
Hiya was just after some advIce.
Basically when I was trained I was told to get your clean row, and then make small rectangular or triangular sections for micro ring application.
However today when I went into a salon to do this a lady that works there told me I should pinch the hair with my fingers (no comb) to create my section for the micro rings which really threw me. Is this correct? Just because it's something I've never heard of before so any advice would be greatful.

Thank you x

She has obviously got used to the section sizes she needs and can hand pinch them but I would stick to what u know and continue to do it the way you were trained I reakon. [emoji106]

Yeah it could be that. I was really confused after as I'd never heard of taking the sections that way before and she made me feel as though I should have known if that makes sense. So I then spoke to the academy I trained with who were equally as shocked as I was with regards to using fingers to pinch the sections.

Thanks for your help ☺️

You should always use a pin tail comb to take your sections. If you just 'pitch' it then your not going to be getting clean neat sections and will most likely end up with cross over hairs which will cause discomfort for your client

Exactly what I thought. I was so shocked I literally said 'pinch it?!' At least I'm not the only one who thinks this is incorrect. Thank you

Hiya was just after some advIce.
Basically when I was trained I was told to get your clean row, and then make small rectangular or triangular sections for micro ring application.
However today when I went into a salon to do this a lady that works there told me I should pinch the hair with my fingers (no comb) to create my section for the micro rings which really threw me. Is this correct? Just because it's something I've never heard of before so any advice would be greatful.

Thank you x
I have been doing Extendions for 8 years and don't use comp any more,just section with my fingers, I can create perfect sections and will do full head fitting in 1.5h

It all depends on the hair type. Some people have loads of new growth and you get those little hairs all over the place. May need a comb then. I generally can use my fingers and get a super clean section, but on some clients I'll use a comb or the tip of the threader.

Latest posts

Back