Extension pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linds1917

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm newly qualified & have been practicing on my friends hair & will be advertising for models which I will only charge for hair unless they supply there own (fitting for free)
My question is what prices do people charge For full sets of extensions?
What is the most popular length & method ?
And how do they take payment ? Do they take the entire hair cost at consultation or just a deposit?

Iv also seen someone charge £150 for 16in micro rings including the hair and I just can't see how they can charge this & make a profit !!!!!The hair alone iv sourced from the likes of euphoria one will cost that alone ..
If possible can I have any examples of people's pricing please to give me some idea of what to charge so I can see what sort of profit margin I can make
Not sure what methods I will offer yet
I'm trained in :
Bonded
Micro rings
Shrinkies
Nanos

Will do a tape in extension course if there is a demand for it ..... thanks x

The best thing to do is look at your area and see what other people are charging, look at salons and mobile technicians. Prices that work in say London or Essex won't work in Northampton where I am. If that makes sense?

For me most popular method is micro ring.

Have a look at older threads about extension suppliers, shop around and have maybe two that you will use, maybe a standard range and a more luxury range. This will give you a base for your pricing.

It's possible where you've seen £150 it could be from £150 and only a half head?

I will attach my pricing, you will notice it says from and then the amount so it gives people a guideline and then when I do the consultation I can see how much hair they will need and go through a accurate price with them.

Attachments

• IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 178
Aw thank you very much Tor ,
Iv been using extensions myself for years so have a good idea of hair quality & suppliers .
I myself use Transform Xtensions (Mongolian ) for my own hair & my friends & the quality is amazing but unfortunately they are quite flakey when it comes to customer service & sending out correct colours so Not sure how that will bode as a main supplier , Otherwise I think I will be using Euphoria one as my main supplier as I can't fault them & maybe looking for another supplier such as SJK for a more luxury range
I did enquire about extensions with the lady who was advertising micro loops at £150 & it was for a full head. She said it was remy hair but it was a half price offer, iv put it down to possibly using the cheapest hair from eBay!! ??
Thanks for your price list & it makes perfect sense to see what the competition is charging in my area . .. so il get on to it now
Thanks Hun xx

Aw thank you very much Tor ,
Iv been using extensions myself for years so have a good idea of hair quality & suppliers .
I myself use Transform Xtensions (Mongolian ) for my own hair & my friends & the quality is amazing but unfortunately they are quite flakey when it comes to customer service & sending out correct colours so Not sure how that will bode as a main supplier , Otherwise I think I will be using Euphoria one as my main supplier as I can't fault them & maybe looking for another supplier such as SJK for a more luxury range
I did enquire about extensions with the lady who was advertising micro loops at £150 & it was for a full head. She said it was remy hair but it was a half price offer, iv put it down to possibly using the cheapest hair from eBay!! ??
Thanks for your price list & it makes perfect sense to see what the competition is charging in my area . .. so il get on to it now
Thanks Hun xx
For 16" micro rings at £150 she could be basing this on a standard amount of packs from say, Angel Remy or similar. So she might be only charging for the hair.
For quality and price I use angel remy as one of my main budget suppliers the only problem I have found with them is stock levels but lately it seems to of improved. Xx

Hiya,
I normally charge for the hair then £45 per hour for application. Every area is different.

Hey

Really good tip is to offer a variety of options.

I offer a budget price for lower quality hair and a higher price for the best stuff.

This is really effective because when customers first take a look at your price list they will be attracted to the 'Lower price' so at least this gets them asking questions etc..

I know Extensionists that charge very high prices and make good profits & others that hardly make anything.

I'm somewhere in between.. LOL but it really does depend on the competition in your area and how many enquiries you are getting week to week.

My main supplier is Euphoria One. they have different grades and an excellent colour choice, you'll find most suppliers have a couple of options.

Hope that helps x

Hey loopylox
That does help & something I'm definitely going to do.
Iv looked into using euphoria one as my main supplier because I do think they are amazing with their customer service & iv used their hair myself and it's been good but also looking at others as back up
I'm thinking for my premium range I will prob use transform Xtensions Mongolian range which I use myself and it's amazing .
Have you used this supplier ,? Thanks x

Hiya,
I normally charge for the hair then £45 per hour for application. Every area is different.
Thanks that's a good idea , never really thought of charging by the hour unless it was for half a head ect , but I like this idea ... certainly simplifies things !! X

The best thing to do is look at your area and see what other people are charging, look at salons and mobile technicians. Prices that work in say London or Essex won't work in Northampton where I am. If that makes sense?

For me most popular method is micro ring.

Have a look at older threads about extension suppliers, shop around and have maybe two that you will use, maybe a standard range and a more luxury range. This will give you a base for your pricing.

It's possible where you've seen £150 it could be from £150 and only a half head?

I will attach my pricing, you will notice it says from and then the amount so it gives people a guideline and then when I do the consultation I can see how much hair they will need and go through a accurate price with them.

When I was starting a booked a consultation with someone to see what they were charging..... I know I am bad!

Hey loopylox
That does help & something I'm definitely going to do.
Iv looked into using euphoria one as my main supplier because I do think they are amazing with their customer service & iv used their hair myself and it's been good but also looking at others as back up
I'm thinking for my premium range I will prob use transform Xtensions Mongolian range which I use myself and it's amazing .
Have you used this supplier ,? Thanks x
Hello

I completely agree.. they have on the spot customer service, Any queries I have they answer really quickly which makes such a difference.

Ermm.. no I haven't used transform. I've seen mixed reviews on here. the same as all suppliers really. I wouldn't not use them i just think when you find supplier you really like theirs no need to use others unless they have stock issues etc. I don't know if they do next day delivery on all items so some items have a couple of days delay but that's just general feedback I've seen on here. That wouldn't be any good for me if this is the case.
I've seen quite a lot of reviews regarding stock issues with some suppliers.
It would put me off if I was trying constantly order colours tht were out of stock! But I suppose it can't be helped really? I don't know.

Have you tried Hair planet ? X

When I was starting a booked a consultation with someone to see what they were charging..... I know I am bad!
lol Jemma ... I love it Xx

Hello

I completely agree.. they have on the spot customer service, Any queries I have they answer really quickly which makes such a difference

Have you tried Hair planet ? X

Hi ya , iv looked at loads , hair planet , studio58 , angel locks , transform but iv decided I'm def using euphoria one as my main supplier and il just go from there ... like u said really I shouldn't need to use any others
transform is amazing hair , my friends hair is bleached & she finds so many extensions dry out & split long before the 3-4mth period but she curls her hair , I think transform are the only Extensions she's used that don't but they've sent out wrong colours , shut down for days or more, she's waited weeks for a refund even after they received the hair
You can't run a business with a supplier like that so I will only use them for myself or friends xx

Latest posts

Back