Extensions aftercare on other brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherryglitter

Reaction score
would you stick to the aftercare for what ever brand extensions you use or would you use someone else's e.g beauty works after care on transform extenions?

Personally, as long as the products are high quality I have never had trouble with using other brands on hair extensions. Often I might fit a client who has some left over shampoo from a previous set and its never proven to be a problem. I also recommend hairapeutix for all of my clients as its soooooo good for the hair!

Personally, as long as the products are high quality I have never had trouble with using other brands on hair extensions. Often I might fit a client who has some left over shampoo from a previous set and its never proven to be a problem. I also recommend hairapeutix for all of my clients as its soooooo good for the hair!
Okay thanks I'll check it out! Have you heard of X 10 aftercare for extenions? It's got better reviews than beauty works aftercare but I haven't heard of the brand so not sure whether to trust it

I havent used it so couldn't give you an honest opinion unfortunately...maybe some of the other geeks have tried it?

I havent used it so couldn't give you an honest opinion unfortunately...maybe some of the other geeks have tried it?
I'm just searching and the reviews seem quite negative on here but really positive on Amazon hmm, which aftercare do you find best?

I have found that when I try to get my clients to buy aftercare, despite spending out on the hair, they are reluctant to pay for the shampoo and conditioner which is strange but true. Thats why I just recommend hairapeutix now, I buy from them wholesale and its like an intensive hair mask, so even if they buy some rubbish from the supermarket I know that the hair will still be in good condition!

I have found that when I try to get my clients to buy aftercare, despite spending out on the hair, they are reluctant to pay for the shampoo and conditioner which is strange but true. Thats why I just recommend hairapeutix now, I buy from them wholesale and its like an intensive hair mask, so even if they buy some rubbish from the supermarket I know that the hair will still be in good condition!
Thank you I think I'm going to order it and try it out on myself :)

Also if you don't mind me asking what supplier do you use? I currently use beauty works but not impressed with their quality recently

I think that who ever you ask in regards to suppliers you will get a mixed response, as everyone has different experiences. I personally like Transform, and Hairplanet :)

I think that who ever you ask in regards to suppliers you will get a mixed response, as everyone has different experiences. I personally like Transform, and Hairplanet :)
Yeah I have definitely found that! I ordered the hairapeutix can't wait to try it!

I dislike x-10 a lot! I used it without extensions and my hair was horrible !

I dislike x-10 a lot! I used it without extensions and my hair was horrible !
Yeah I'm not going to bother got beauty works instead and hairapeutix, weird how they have so many good reviews on Amazon

As the thread is discussing non professional brand products, it has been moved to Ask a Pro.

As an aside, I've looked at the Hairapeutix website and it doesn't look legitimate. If you purchase products online outside of the normal wholesale distribution channels, you might not be covered by your insurance if a client suffers any adverse reaction.

image.png

As the thread is discussing non professional brand products, it has been moved to Ask a Pro.

As an aside, I've looked at the Hairapeutix website and it doesn't look legitimate. If you purchase products online outside of the normal wholesale distribution channels, you might not be covered by your insurance if a client suffers any adverse reaction.

View attachment 197139
Oh right sorry I didn't realise I was discussing non professional products, I was looking for advice on the best professional aftercare products for hair extenions so I'd rather it was moved back...

View attachment 197139
Why do you think hairapeutix is not legitimate? I've looked into it to and it seems to have quite a lot of positive reviews.... Also given the price I assumed it was professional....

Be wary of excellent product reviews. I'm always cautious if a product has only 5 star reviews, for instance as its either exceptionally good or has been artificially boosted. (It's really not that difficult to get lots of people to post 5 star reviews for you these days.)

Did you read the information underneath the headings on the attachment I posted? It's just computer generated blurb. I wouldn't expect a legitimate professional brand to have such a poorly developed website. It might be perfectly fine, but I think things like that are a bit of a red flag and would make me extra cautious before parting with my money.

If a product isn't available through the normal salon distribution channels, we (Salon Geek) generally class it as a non professional product. Obviously, you can choose to buy whatever you want, but on this forum we (Geek community) try to offer guidance based on our experience and knowledge. It might be a perfectly good product in it's own right but it's marketed and sold to the general public and we (the trained professionals) will probably pay the same price for it as Joe Bloggs. Retailing products is just as important a consideration when building a successful salon business.

As I mentioned previously, if you buy something for use on clients outside of the wholesaler/distributor chain (e.g. eBay/Amazon) and a client has an allergic reaction, then you might find that your insurer will decline cover. Unfortunately, they'll always be a client who is allergic to the normal salon brand products anyway so logically, someone somewhere will be allergic to Hairapeutix.

Hope that helps to explain things a little more?

Be wary of excellent product reviews. I'm always cautious if a product has only 5 star reviews, for instance as its either exceptionally good or has been artificially boosted. (It's really not that difficult to get lots of people to post 5 star reviews for you these days.)

Did you read the information underneath the headings on the attachment I posted? It's just computer generated blurb. I wouldn't expect a legitimate professional brand to have such a poorly developed website. It might be perfectly fine, but I think things like that are a bit of a red flag and would make me extra cautious before parting with my money.

If a product isn't available through the normal salon distribution channels, we (Salon Geek) generally class it as a non professional product. Obviously, you can choose to buy whatever you want, but on this forum we (Geek community) try to offer guidance based on our experience and knowledge. It might be a perfectly good product in it's own right but it's marketed and sold to the general public and we (the trained professionals) will probably pay the same price for it as Joe Bloggs. Retailing products is just as important a consideration when building a successful salon business.

As I mentioned previously, if you buy something for use on clients outside of the wholesaler/distributor chain (e.g. eBay/Amazon) and a client has an allergic reaction, then you might find that your insurer will decline cover. Unfortunately, they'll always be a client who is allergic to the normal salon brand products anyway so logically, someone somewhere will be allergic to Hairapeutix.

Hope that helps to explain things a little more?
I have just seen the picture you posted that is a bit weird. I didn't buy the product for clients I just bought it to try out on myself thinking it was a professional product. But as I have now already purchased it I will let you know what I think after trying it.

Just an update: I tried hairapeutix on my hair and I haven't noticed it's made much difference to my hair, if anything it's a bit more dry! Bit annoyed I wasted my moneyt on it but usually reccomendstions from this site turn out to be really good! I'll definitely do more research on a brand before I buy from them in future

Latest posts

Back