Extensions matting after 2 weeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzion

Reaction score
Help!!! Had a call from a lovely customer who I fitted extensions for 2 weeks ago. 613 temple hair and 24 classuc from lush us, she says 10 mins after washing it's matting up. I've never had this problem before, but all the blondes I've fitted have been Balmain. I talked her into getting the revitaliser, but she wouldn't get the shampoo, she's using Tresemme, which is useless, do u think this is the problem? I've rung lush us and they've not returned my call. If it's dodgy hair can I claim from Lush us for my time removing and refitting. So annoying as the hair was lovely, and she's not local for me to pop round and check it.

Thanks x

oh no....
is it matting whilst dry or wet?
thats really unusual... my 60 usually lasts 5-6 weeks before it starts needing extra care!
All you can do is go see the hair, I know its a pain if its ages away (ive been stung my clients before by goin too far out)
It must be something shes doing, if she isnt following the correct aftercare then im afraid its not your problem!
I provide my clients with shampoo&conditioner with a full head of hair extensions, maybe its something you could consider doing?
Try not to worry too much... there arnt problems only solutions :)
xox

OOOO - Well your right about using Tresemme on extensions, and what I would ask is if your client is unwilling to use correct aftercare is she even following aftercare instructions??? How is she washing the extensions? I think to save you the time visiting if she isn't local I would be pleasantly direct in your question to her regarding aftercare. Most of us state at the time of consultation how vital it is and they do sign a consultation form to say that they will follow aftercare instructions (do you do this as not all technicians do) It just rules out little problems such as this one as it states they should follow aftercare instructions where you will find advise re: correct aftercare ie. not Tresemme!!!! I fitted some blonde Temple hair a few weeks ago on a first time hair extension wearer, she is using the correct aftercare and the hair is fine. I'm also wearing a mix of Classic and Opulent just to use up the classic and my hair is fine. As for re-climing removal costs from your supplier...........if you know your client isn't using the correct products on her extensions I would be asking if it is fair to pursue this with the supplier, after all, would you pour water in a tv and try taking it back to the shop when it didn't work? i hope you don't find any of what I've said offensive as it isn't intended to be. Think it's just frustrating for us all when clients complain about something only to find out they're not following much needed advice. Anyway I hope this is all resolved and that your client starts using correct products and enjoys her hair as much as mine are :))

oh no....
is it matting whilst dry or wet?
thats really unusual... my 60 usually lasts 5-6 weeks before it starts needing extra care!
All you can do is go see the hair, I know its a pain if its ages away (ive been stung my clients before by goin too far out)
It must be something shes doing, if she isnt following the correct aftercare then im afraid its not your problem!
I provide my clients with shampoo&conditioner with a full head of hair extensions, maybe its something you could consider doing?
Try not to worry too much... there arnt problems only solutions :)
xox

Hi Sarah,

It's matting up when it's dry, any ideas?

I rang lush us again and theyve said to send a sample back to them.

Xx

OOOO - Well your right about using Tresemme on extensions, and what I would ask is if your client is unwilling to use correct aftercare is she even following aftercare instructions??? How is she washing the extensions? I think to save you the time visiting if she isn't local I would be pleasantly direct in your question to her regarding aftercare. Most of us state at the time of consultation how vital it is and they do sign a consultation form to say that they will follow aftercare instructions (do you do this as not all technicians do) It just rules out little problems such as this one as it states they should follow aftercare instructions where you will find advise re: correct aftercare ie. not Tresemme!!!! I fitted some blonde Temple hair a few weeks ago on a first time hair extension wearer, she is using the correct aftercare and the hair is fine. I'm also wearing a mix of Classic and Opulent just to use up the classic and my hair is fine. As for re-climing removal costs from your supplier...........if you know your client isn't using the correct products on her extensions I would be asking if it is fair to pursue this with the supplier, after all, would you pour water in a tv and try taking it back to the shop when it didn't work? i hope you don't find any of what I've said offensive as it isn't intended to be. Think it's just frustrating for us all when clients complain about something only to find out they're not following much needed advice. Anyway I hope this is all resolved and that your client starts using correct products and enjoys her hair as much as mine are :))

No don't find what you've said offensive at all, constructive. Lol!

She is doing everything she should do apart from the shampoo. I've offered to go there when I finish work
Saturday to have a look. She has got the revitiliser from Lush us, but I feel in my gut it's the hair as it went bad straight away.

Thanks for you help ladies

Xx

Let us know how you get on!
Im thinking of ordering the temple hair for myself next week x x x

Mine's been in 3 weeks and is very silky, not having to dry/straighten as much either which is a bonus!!

Mine's been in 3 weeks and is very silky, not having to dry/straighten as much either which is a bonus!!

What colour have you got in, and do you use lush us aftercare?

Cheers x

Tresemme is plain rubbish to use on extensions. I don't think you need to look any further. And I agree if she won't follow basic aftercare instructions like shampoo then what else is she doing? Straightening without heat protection or with poor heat protection? Using hair sprays then straightening? Brushing with damaging brush, not brushing?
There's so much that could be involved here. And at the end of the day if it's just one instance with one client that is an indication that the hair is not at fault. Extension hair does not come from just one woman....it's a mixed batch so you can't get one dodgy weft or a few dodgy packs. It would show up in lots of packs or wefts if it was a hair problem.
I would refer her right back to the aftercare instructions and say I really can't help if she isn't following them. And my aftercare is strict on special extension shampoo and then states that the extensions will need conditioning, a weekly treatment and will benefit from a daily leave in conditioner.
Your client is so far from this that there are bound to be consequences.

Linda

Tresemme is plain rubbish to use on extensions. I don't think you need to look any further. And I agree if she won't follow basic aftercare instructions like shampoo then what else is she doing? Straightening without heat protection or with poor heat protection? Using hair sprays then straightening? Brushing with damaging brush, not brushing?
There's so much that could be involved here. And at the end of the day if it's just one instance with one client that is an indication that the hair is not at fault. Extension hair does not come from just one woman....it's a mixed batch so you can't get one dodgy weft or a few dodgy packs. It would show up in lots of packs or wefts if it was a hair problem.
I would refer her right back to the aftercare instructions and say I really can't help if she isn't following them. And my aftercare is strict on special extension shampoo and then states that the extensions will need conditioning, a weekly treatment and will benefit from a daily leave in conditioner.
Your client is so far from this that there are bound to be consequences.

Linda

Hi Linda thanks for your advice, she has popped into a salon local to her today, they've told her it's the hair, I asked her if she told then what shampoo she was using? She said she did, they've told her it's better conditioner she needs! Can't believe it! She has the revitiliser, and morrocan oil. I did supply her with an extension brush at time of fitting. My only concerns are mainly because the matting started after 2 washes, 8 days after fitting, and it occurs once it's washed and dried after about 10 mins. Apparently the salon brushed it all out for her, got her to shake her head about, then it tangled up again. I'm just wondering if some of the hair has been bonded the wrong way, therefore the cuticles are the wrong way, causing the matting? I'm definately from now on putting my prices up and including the aftercare kit, then at least there's no doubts.

Sharon x

Apparently the salon brushed it all out for her, got her to shake her head about, then it tangled up again. I'm just wondering if some of the hair has been bonded the wrong way, therefore the cuticles are the wrong way, causing the matting?

there are no cuticles on extensions. not many hairdressers actully knw this because the rep of balmain, universal etc etc want you to believe their product is of the finest quality. and "human hair" is the best possible quality. extension hair comes from poor women from poor areas of the world, india, brazil, and others. but the ethnicnity of the hair is ASIAN. asian hair as we hairdressers know is very coarse and resistant to colour and is naturally very dark of a base 3 or 4. hair exension companies actully remove the cuticle on the hair, colour, then apply a porous silicone over the top. this is why extensions feel so silky smooth to the touch and why the reps get you to buy it because we as hairdressers feel the silky smooth condition and think its fabulous human hair.

so its all win win, the hair can be coloured again because the silicone they apply is porous, because its silicone it feels healthy strong and shiny and amazing. therefore salon owners buy it. the only human hair extensions that still cntain a cuticle is virgin remy indian hair, this still has its own cuticle and has not been touched with even a hairdryer!

this comes from indian and brazilian women in traditional temples, and when theyre husbands die they shave their hair. the hair is then collected. the downside with this hair is that as its virgin it is incredbly resistant and is in its natual movement, it has not been chemically straightened and you need to wash it at least once a week. it has iterally been taken off the head! but it is premium natural hair. it is very hard to get hold of (the genuine stuff) looks naff to the clients because its in its natural condition and movement with a few stray grey hairs! and it so expensive it will make your jaw drop.

so this is why the hair you are buying is of a less quality! it has been coloured, chemically straightened and cuticle stripped to its life! in my opinion the best value for money is universal extensions, yes theyre clip in, and do not have a cuticle, but they are the best value and have the best choice of colours. it is nothing to do with the tresemme shampoo. no shampoo can bring back a cuticle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help!!! Had a call from a lovely customer who I fitted extensions for 2 weeks ago. 613 temple hair and 24 classuc from lush us, she says 10 mins after washing it's matting up. I've never had this problem before, but all the blondes I've fitted have been Balmain. I talked her into getting the revitaliser, but she wouldn't get the shampoo, she's using Tresemme, which is useless, do u think this is the problem? I've rung lush us and they've not returned my call. If it's dodgy hair can I claim from Lush us for my time removing and refitting. So annoying as the hair was lovely, and she's not local for me to pop round and check it.

Thanks x

Hiya, Ive had the new lush-us hair for around 1 month now and i find it terrible! I use Great lengths Aftercare, so i know it's not through the wrong aftercare products, ive used everything you can think of to keep the hair flat after drying and within minutes it fluffs/frizz back up, i am ashamed of the hair that much that i would only walk around with it tired back.

Charl is correct in what she is saying. It is not the shampoo at fault. You are buying hair that has been dunked in acid then coated in silicone. If it's blonde it has been bleached too.
There is no way you are buying genuine cuticle correct hair at the prices you are paying.

It sounds like the silicon has washed/ worn off which is why it's matting so much

In my area we see this all the time. Like Dawn and Charl says, cheap hair. Once the silicone has washed off, it will matt.

The reason you don't get this with Balmain hair is because the hair is not coated in silicone and the cuticle is intact and correct.

Charl- Not all extension hair is cuticle shaved/stripped or from poor women in India. That is a bit of a sweeping generalisation. :)

Well this lady has text me today to tell me she's having them removed, i begged her last week to let me remove them, but she wanted them in for a night out, then she was coming to me last night but had to work, I spoke on the phone to the salon owner,where she's having them removed, and she was quite patronising to me so I put her straight that I give clients an option on price and that I'm not an unqualified benefit bandit! She did say however that she has only ever seen this happen with really cheap hair off the market! I've been waiting 2 weeks now to receive a prepaid envelope from Lush, just rang again 4th time, turns out they didnt have any stamps! WTF? Furious isn't the word! The MD was supposed to be dealing with this personally but is away this week. Not sure what to offer now, she doesn't want their hair in now, but they won't even offer a refund until they receive the hair back. Any suggestions on what to do now? I'm gutted for my client, now worried about my rep. Should I just refund her fully? I feel by doing that I'm admitting liability, but it's not the clients fault either is it?

I have had exactly the same prob will this new hair got to say I wasnt really impressed from the off with it I felt it shed quite a bit even during fitting like not all the hair was properly secured into the bond and feel like the difference in the 0.7g to the previous 0.8g.

I have had 2 clients come back with high amounts of shedding and tangling I made sure when I installed that I had the bonds as secure as I could so I know its not that. Also my friend had some installed she hasnt complained but I can see they are shedding and the bonds are definately thinner think she doesnt want to say anything as we are friends.

I am really unhappy as I use to love lush us hair it was all I would use but am gutted at the turn off events I have had to reinstall hair on 3 occassions that lush us have replaced but have obviously lost the time for removal and refitting and just cant afford to keep doing it. I dont even do hair extensions that often now I the main part of my business now is eyelash extensions and I am having to turn away eyelash appointments to put right problems with this hair.

I have just took out some of the hair to send back and got to say I wouldnt be happy if my hair had gone like this I just wish people were prepared to pay for fab hair and then there would be no issues!!!!:Scared:

Hiya, when you said you have had to reinstall hair, im guessing that, Lush-Us gave you a new batch of hair to do this?

And the the hair that you have had to reinstall was it the same hair from them and im guessing you ended up with the same problem?

I just wish that they would not use the term 'Indian Temple Hair' as Indian Temple hair is one of the best hair, racoon and greathlengths use that hair, and it is the best.

So when Lush-Us sell what they are claiming 'temple hair' you expect it to be good quality, instead ive found it to be no different from, cheap chinese hair.

Lush-Us claim that their hair is all 100% human, (not mixed) Cuticle intact, remy.

Therefore i would not expect the hair to matt, frizz or go fluffy. IT DOES!

After washing this hair and using cool air to blowdry/style, the hair looks so big and full of frizz, that i have to use a flat iron, i'm constantly using tangle, protein, heat protection, conditioning spray, and yeah it looks great, all flat, sleek, but after around 5-10 minutes it starts to go all fluffy and full of frizz again, so i take a brush/comb and it feels rough as the comb goes through, but nice and tatt free after, but 10 minutes goes by and it starts again.

Can you imagine what it would look like if you wore it down and went outside.

1.Temple hair but due to keeping the costs down, pay cheap chinese labour for the processing therefore the quality is reduced. resulting in dry, damaged, frizzy hair.

2. Not temple hair, possible chinese hair, which is not suitbale for european hair, which would cause the same problem, as the cuticle would have to be stripped because its not bassed on the same structure as european hair.

3. Any hair (god knows) Brushed hair, (cut offs) running in all different directions, meaning the cuticle could still be inact but causing the matting, frizz, fly away look.

4. Any hair, with no cuticle and a lot of over processing in, China.

I think more people should come forward, and also if anyone knows anyone who works in a lab to get the hair looked at, and if the lady who claims she is on holiday does nothing about the hair, i would take civil action and put in a claim at the county court.

if their new hair does this, by god id hate to have their other hair in.

Good Look people

I totally agree with what you said.

its not the shampoo, nothing can make the cuticle come back.

Exactly, we are advised to look after our hair extensions as we would look after our own hair, BUT a little bit extra with the hair extensions as i agree its no longer attached to the scalp and it basically feeding, so using whatever bog standard shampoo will not make it and worse, if the hair is damaged, you cant make it any worse or better.

I have used greatlengths and racoon, TIGI deep conditioning treaments, Kerastase treatments, and as for the hair, NAH NO WAY! still poor, it does not matter, ur right nothing can make the cuticle come back, the hair come back to life and good quality, ive agree!

Well ....
1. I have worn non-remy hair and there is no doubt that Lush Us hair is NOT non-Remy. The difference is clear.
2. I have clients who are wearing Lush Us hair...without matting or tangling...for over 6 months. One client straightens her hair every day and it still looks like new after 7 months. Truly, just like new. And we are not fools, we know what nice, soft, silky hair looks like and are not making do with frizzy, matted, chemically trashed hair.
3. I have seen chinese hair and it is a great deal different to Lush Us Indian Remy. Noticably different.
4. No cuticles on extensions? Gracious me. Whatever next...lol.
5. We cannot all afford virgin hair and there has to be an affordable option for those who do not have the luxury of spending large amounts of money on a regular basis. I am happy to service those clients and am very grateful that companies like Lush Us exist and try to give us that affordable option.

We can acknowledge when there are problems, of course, but let's be more gracious when something goes wrong. There really is no need for a witch hunt.

Fuzion, I am sorry if you have not had a better response to your complaint and, in spite of what I've said here, I feel you should continue to pursue it with the company.

Linda

Well ....
1. I have worn non-remy hair and there is no doubt that Lush Us hair is NOT non-Remy. The difference is clear.
2. I have clients who are wearing Lush Us hair...without matting or tangling...for over 6 months. One client straightens her hair every day and it still looks like new after 7 months. Truly, just like new. And we are not fools, we know what nice, soft, silky hair looks like and are not making do with frizzy, matted, chemically trashed hair.
3. I have seen chinese hair and it is a great deal different to Lush Us Indian Remy. Noticably different.
4. No cuticles on extensions? Gracious me. Whatever next...lol.
5. We cannot all afford virgin hair and there has to be an affordable option for those who do not have the luxury of spending large amounts of money on a regular basis. I am happy to service those clients and am very grateful that companies like Lush Us exist and try to give us that affordable option.

We can acknowledge when there are problems, of course, but let's be more gracious when something goes wrong. There really is no need for a witch hunt.

Fuzion, I am sorry if you have not had a better response to your complaint and, in spite of what I've said here, I feel you should continue to pursue it with the company.

Linda

Yes, Linda hair does exist without the cuticle intact (chinese hair)
and yes there are reasons for this.

No witch hunt here just simply trying to find out whats wrong with the hair.

Good for you if you have not had any problems, very good for you.

But some us do have problems with the quality of the hair, and it is being stated on here.

Thanks for ur input, ur ok, ur happy, ur not out of pocket, thanks for ur comment, you can get back to talking about ur good hair in another post, as this is about bad quality hair.

YES the price is cheap for the hair, so yeah im guessing its not going to be all that good. No problem with that, the problem is......bad marketing.

If lush-us were to say temple hair, cant promise it wont tangle and cant promise its the best quality, then fair enough, why would anyone complain, they have been honest.

BUT they do say.. Remy (cuticle, no tangle/matting)

Its misleading that the problem is with.

I reapeat, its what they say the hair wont do.
the sales pitch the marketing etc.

No one is on a witch hunt, the confussion is when a person gives out the perception of something that is going to be none tangle or frizzy or matting, then it truns out that it is.

Yeah the cheap price does say a lot, but they say a lot of what it wont do too, and guess what? the hair does exactly the opposite.

Thats my only concern, HONESTY.

*** Please note Lush-Us this is not a dig at you, this is simply me stating that your being dishonest in your selling*** dishonest in what you say the product wont do.

I will not keep quiet about this as im out of pocket, and the people that is not out of pocket should think themselves lucky, and understand from a business point of view that some of use have lost out, and this does not involve you as ur happy with ur purchase. ive replied to this topic as im one of their customer that is not happy, this is what this topic is about, unhappy customers.

i am a unhappy customer and i am stating it. The hair, tangles, matts and goes frizzy. Lush-Us told me it would not......Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back