Extensions using Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
Last week I broke 2 nails so tipped them before applying gelish. I did 2 coats of TIO for a bit of added strength and now 7 days later they are firmly in place!!
Just thought I'd share as I know some people have asked previously whether you can use gelish to do an extension :)

Last week I broke 2 nails so tipped them before applying gelish. I did 2 coats of TIO for a bit of added strength and now 7 days later they are firmly in place!!
Just thought I'd share as I know some people have asked previously whether you can use gelish to do an extension :)

I do the same For myself with Shellac and get good results if ... The nail is kept short while growing out .. I have had a short tip last the full 3 weeks and when I remove ... New nail!

The thing to remember is, you have not extended using gelis you have extended using the tip. The tip has added the strength. Also YOU are not every client .. You are you and you have probably looked after your tipped nails. Not every client will do that so ....

I would not recommend to all that extending with a tip is a great thing to do across the board, even if it works for you and for me with Shellac. It will not work for everyone and the length you choose is very important as well as how careful the client intends to be.

Yes they are both only short tips, I dont think they would last I they were any longer!
That's what I'm hoping geeg, that in 2 weeks when I come to regelish my nail will be ready underneath :)

Elmo , can you keep us updated as a matter of interest how long the tip lasts please x

Hi, did you just glue the tip on and then apply gelish as usual over the tip? no other gel on top of the tip? x

Glued the tip on, then foundation, dry brushed, simple sheer x2, then top it off x2
Will keep you updated :) x

Glued the tip on, then foundation, dry brushed, simple sheer x2, then top it off x2
Will keep you updated :) x

Thanks for that, It may come in very handy!:) x

i extend mine too. except i use structure gel. works fab!

i extend mine too. except i use structure gel. works fab!

Hi, Do you use the structure gel after the foundation and then just Gelish as usual? x

What is dry brushing?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

Is it really as simple as that? Tip application followed by the regular gelish application! If that's correct you may have cured my extension tension lol!!:p

Day 12: one tip has broken as I was doing my little ones seat belt up! Not bad going :)

Can you post a pic of the extensions

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

It was only on 2 of my nails, will try an find a pic x

Hi, Do you use the structure gel after the foundation and then just Gelish as usual? x

I have done small extensions with 2 coats of Structure which has worked very well.

Foundation, 2x Structure, colour then TIO

yup! i make mine a bit thicker though since i have thin nails i tend to accidentally hurt myself and other people. my nails are sharp! haha so i like to make mine with 2 or 3 layers of sculpture gel

yup! i make mine a bit thicker though since i have thin nails i tend to accidentally hurt myself and other people. my nails are sharp! haha so i like to make mine with 2 or 3 layers of sculpture gel

I have started using Sculpture in my French too as they always seem a bit weaker than full colour.

Thanks for posting this, i found it interesting to read and will now be trying myself :) would be interested if you had an pictures. thanks :) x

I have done small extensions with 2 coats of Structure which has worked very well.

Foundation, 2x Structure, colour then TIO

Thank you will give it a go in the future x

Latest posts

Back