Eye lash Extension: Stool and STUFF!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luce-loo

Reaction score
Hiya geeks....

So some very quick questions ... I have booked my eyelash extension course with the lovely Layla from Flirities next monday ...and am VERY excitied. Hope I just enjoy doing it now.... ;o)

But was thinking ... what do you all do about sitting / standing / bending over? ... am guessing (cause I will be 'mobile' only) that I will need to get myself a stool of some sort? so I dont break my back!! ...Any suggestions where a good place to get one from would be?

I am proper skint now so nothing flashy ... I know I will need a bed eventually but no pennies in the bank for this currently, so thinking I will ask people to lie on thier sofa's or beds...is that a bit silly????

As always MANY thanks for your amazing tips and advice. I LOVE this forum! ... what would I do with out you all!

p.s ...should I get some salon style clothes eventually as well? Think it makes you look so much more professional. If so any suggestions where I should source these from?

Luce x

i have done my training and done one full set on a friend and no lie i was there for 3hours! you DEF need somewhere comfy for both you and your client, especially when you are just starting out. i bought myself a bed from therapy2000 an 'extra light' one though to be honest it's so freakin' heavy i'm thinking of forgetting the whole being mobile thing! :o i know you can get beds on ebay that are heavier but are less than £100 and they look so much nicer and posher than mine, but i just choose mine because it was 'light'. for a stool (chose stool over a chair simply because how often am i really going to be sitting back? the majority of treatments i will be doing will be done with my leaning over the client so just thought having a back on the chair would make it harder to move/get in out of houses and cars etc etc) i bought a stool from ebay for like £32 and it's great!

as far as a uniform goes that is def my intention too and i think it looks os much better and far more professional. i'm sure wearing something that's smart like black trousers and white top would still look professional for the time being though, i guess so long as you aren't wearing short skirts and belly tops you will look fine! haha. just do a google search for the uniforms - many many places do them.

this is just my oppinion and i'm not at all experienced but i think if it is a 'real' client (eg. paying and NOT a friend) then it's def not ok to do them on the settee or in their bedroom. if you use their settee you have to think about what you will use to sit on and where you can put your products/tools (i was taught in college as well as my trainer telling me to put the products/tools you need most near you around the clients head - obviously not bottles but things like lashes and your glue on your lil stone thingy) so of course with a settee you'd have to find some kind of side table other wise you will end up bending up and down everytime you wanted a lash or to use your glue which is just going to be so uncomfortable for you. i also have to say i'd feel so weird and uncomfortable in somebodys bedroom to be honest.

good luck with your new business! :D x

You sound sooooooo excited!! :green:

You will need a beauty couch. I have used my friends sofa's and beds when I was practicing and it just kills your back. I have one client that has a very bad back and can't lie on my couch so we have to have her sitting on her sofa. If it wasn't for her back I wouldn't do this. Fortunately, the design if her sofa isn't too bad.

Get the lightest couch you can afford. I got mine second hand as I didn't have enough cash at first and it's sooooo heavy. Can't wait to get a lighter one.

You will definitely want to sit for this treatment. I take a stool with me. It was cheap from Ikea but I don't like it. Lol. It's not very comfy. After I bought it I saw one in Capital Hair and Beauty for £10 more than I paid. Wish I'd got that one. I will probably get it when I get a new couch.

I wear a black tunic and black trousers. I think it looks more professional.

HTH, lx

I got my bed from eBay - leather, adjustable, foldable etc for less than £60 off eBay. Just stuck to my max price and eventually won it at the price I was happy to pay.
I got a swivel, gas lift stool from Ikea for £13. It is perfect for the lashes, so you really don't have to pay a fortune.
xxx

me also.... pink one 70 inc postage . ebay and the stool i got from my local beauty suppler shop , they were selling of the training ones .. so thats worth a shot , best tho my wax tableholds light was £5. from the beauty college near me who were getting all new stuff so selling off the old. x

I don't do mobile i'm afraid, so can't help with a couch. I have an electric one which would be too heavy to transport :D
What i have found invaluable when doing lash extensions, is my lamp and my glasses! It's worth paying money to ensure that you are comfortable. I was getting headaches when i first started lashing but they stopped when i got my magnifying glasses. The ones i got are probably a bit pricey but they are worth every penny.
I also made sure i had a stool with a back. Here's where i got my stuff from;

Salon Supplies & Beauty Equipment for Professional Hair and Beauty Salons from Salons Direct - Beauty

IKEA | Lighting | Table lamps | GLOBAL | Work lamp

Nouveau Shop

fab find for the lamp Angie, going to have a look at that one next time I'm in Ikea xxx

The first one is 18kg. :eek: way too heavy. The second one is 12.5kg. A bit more manageable.

lol....ooops, I am strong, but not THAT strong ... have just ordered a stool so just now need to sort a bed....Do you think 18kg is probably the best I can do? I think that one looks quite good? (bearing in mind I have NO idea what I am looking at :o)

Luce x

the pink one is the one i was looking at on ebay - not sure if same seller though and the only reason i didn't go for it was because of the weight! so so heavy! although it looks fabulous and so comfy - you have to think about yourself aswell it's YOU who has to carry everything from place to place with you.

i have Extralite [EXTRALITE] - £99.99 : Therapy 2000, Welcome to Therapy 2000 i got it purely because of the weight. the hole in it is a right pain but the client can always use their own pillow which you could cover with couch roll or use the blow up pillow which comes with the bed - my partner said the blow up pillow isuncomfortable but my friend said the blow up pillow is fine so *shrug* i'd just leave itup to the client to decide what they think is best for them. i also ordered the black bed cover as i think it looks far better than just a white bed and i ordered the carry bag although you get a carry bag with the bed it's not all that good to be honest. x

The pink one you have shown is similar to the one I got and is about average price, I got mine a little cheaper because it was an auction. The second one doesn't let you raise the back of it, but probably depends if you feel you need that. Mine was about 18kg and is really heavy, but I don't go mobile xx

I'd say 18kg is far too heavy for mobile. I've seen beds that are 10kg where the back doesn't raise up and 12kg where it does. Whichever one I decide to go for, it will not be any heavier than these. You have to take this in and out if your car maybe twice a day and you'll have to Carey it from your car to the clients house and you might not get parked right outside.

you can get wheeled couch bags?! seriously? where from? are they sturdy and actually work? or are they quite filmsy and not worth the money? that is one of the things that is seriously putting me off going mobile!
x

lol....ooops, I am strong, but not THAT strong ... have just ordered a stool so just now need to sort a bed....Do you think 18kg is probably the best I can do? I think that one looks quite good? (bearing in mind I have NO idea what I am looking at :o)

Luce x

i had this for my first couch and it is heavy but not THAT bad,,, although as soon as i made some cash i upgraded to a 11 kg one,
but i carried it round for 12 months,,, needs must!
it would be near impossible to comfortably do it using a bed/sofa!!
i find i like my knees/legs under the couch to get eally close to the client
best of luck xx

Latest posts

Back