Eyebrow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplelady

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on eyebrow tinting? I am very fair with blonde hair I have never had eyebrow tint but regulary get my eyelashes done. My colleage reckons it will really suit me but I'm just worried about having dark brows which look a bit odd with blonde hair?

its a tough one - if it is put on and taken straight off they r right it would look good but a moment too long and oops there will be many questions as to ru natural!!!

Hiya when i get a client with blond hair and you cannot see their eyebrows and they want them tinting i always use the grey tint.
This will make them look like a darker blond and look nice too.

do you have the lash and tint by Roux over there?
When considering eyebrow tinting, a rule to go by, never go more than 2 shades darker than your haircolor. And if your eyebrows are lighter than your hair color, tinting is a must.;)

i would do it ! BROWN!

Tell them you dont want to go TOO DARK, eyebrow hair is different to EYELASH hair.

Literally as soon as they have applied if they took it off you'd see a nice result.

If you fancied darker they could leave it a fraction longer the next time.

I love tinting then shaping fair eyebrows it gives such definition its GREAT!

in college they try and do my eyebrows cause im blonde and i cant let them
they say i sould do mine a light brown but thats too dark

What are your thoughts on eyebrow tinting? I am very fair with blonde hair I have never had eyebrow tint but regulary get my eyelashes done. My colleage reckons it will really suit me but I'm just worried about having dark brows which look a bit odd with blonde hair?

eyebrows frame the face, so it is a good idea to make the most of them. They may not necessarily end up dark, just a shade darker than they are now to emphasize them. The tint can literally be applied and then wiped off in a few seconds, its a quick and painless treatment which you will hopefully be very pleased with.
It only lasts around four weeks, so if you werent that keen its not the end of the world, but from experience, the majority of clients have it done once and then will always have it done.HTHsxx:)

the longer you leave the tint, the darker the colour

make sure you remove the tint after 30-60 seconds

For blond clients I mix brown (which is always too ginger in my opinion) with a touch of grey. I apply to both brows then wipe off.. I ask the client if they would like them darker and if so I re-apply in the same way... as soon as both brows are applied I wipe off. This way the colour can be built gently and it is never severe.

I would prefer applying 3 or 4 times and getting it right then applying it once for a minute and the client having too strong a colour.

Its a very popular service and such an instant boost :)

bit of a dumb question probably - but is it ok to keep reapplying?

bit of a dumb question probably - but is it ok to keep reapplying?

I haven't had an problems with any of my clients.. and this was the way I was taught to do it with eyebrows.

yes, its fine to keep applying, as has been said by nail fx, better to keep applying than go too dark on the first go.x

silly question but what do you do if you want to go from dark to light.is it possible to make your eyebrows lighter?:)

I have really blonde hair and tint my eyebrows brown put on and take off. It fades inn two weeks so no probs.

Thats interesting that you can still reapply after the 1st attempt.

Also i have bought a new Lashtint kit from hive. It says to use 3-4 drops of 10vol peroxide to 2cm of tint..Now i also noticed that some of the geeks have said they use more vol....is this correct that you can use 30vol to 2cm tint??? i hope i havent confused anyone with this.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats interesting that you can still reapply after the 1st attempt.

Also i have bought a new Lashtint kit from hive. It says to use 3-4 drops of 10vol peroxide to 2cm of tint..Now i also noticed that some of the geeks have said they use more vol....is this correct that you can use 30vol to 2cm tint??? i hope i havent confused anyone with this.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess that would depend on how thick or thin the tint is. I would always recommend following the manufacturers indtructions. If not wouldn't it invalidate your insurance?

:) hi there,
as far as i'm aware, professional peroxide esp for eyebrow/lash tinting is a maximum of 10 vol? i have seen a thread with higher vols, but geeks there were talking about using hairdressing peroxide (hence 20/30 vol).i would recommend 10 vol anyway, especially as you ar eusing it on the face, and if tinting lashes, are putting it on the lash line. HTHs

Stay with grey tint.

Brown has too much black in it and even if you apply and take it off immediately it still continues to darken.

I am blond and brown is way too dark for me. Grey is the only colour that should be used on very blond. Trust me!!!

For your first time in tinting - tell them to apply it and remove quickly then have a look and wait to see if it continues to darken.

Grey wont last as long as a brown and you may have to get it done about every 2-3 weeks. Once tinted you can play around with the shape a bit.

Stay with grey tint.

Brown has too much black in it and even if you apply and take it off immediately it still continues to darken.

I am blond and brown is way too dark for me. Grey is the only colour that should be used on very blond. Trust me!!!

For your first time in tinting - tell them to apply it and remove quickly then have a look and wait to see if it continues to darken.

Grey wont last as long as a brown and you may have to get it done about every 2-3 weeks. Once tinted you can play around with the shape a bit.

To stop the tint from continuing to darken when you have reached your desired colour, wiping the brow with an alcohol/antiseptic product or Witch Hazel will stop any more darkening.

Stay with grey tint.

I dont have a problem with tint still tinting once removed.If it's all removed it shouldn't happen.Just keep wiping over hair until cotton wool is perfectly clean.

Latest posts

Back