Eyelash extensions on straight lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachside

Reaction score
Hi there... new lash tech in training here..
I tried to do a full set on Asian eyelashes that were straight and crossed today. All I had were B curls. The extensions had more of a curve than the natural lashes did. So, some of my finished lashes were forked at the ends (the natural lash was glued to the extension at the base of the natural lash - but the natural lash separated from the extension at the tip because the extension curved up but the natural lash didn't). May I ask what others do this in situation? Should I have curled the lashes with a heated curler first and then applied the extensions?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks for your time!

Used a J curl?!

I only use J curl and C curl ... J curl for the 'straighter' eyelashes and C curl for the more 'curlyer' eyelashes xx

In this situation an L curl is the way forward

Take a look at one of my tutorials on YouTube

Eyelash extensions in kent

Thanks, Kirstyj1 and LieLash. LieLash, I just watched your tutorial on Asian hooded eyes. Such a great tutorial. Thank you so much! And I loved the end result on your client. For that set, did you curl her eyelashes first? The set I did yesterday, my client's eyelashes were going every which way and they were very straight. I plan on watching all your tutorials. Thanks, again.

Last edited:
You could always apply a "Dolly Lash" treatment on the eyelashes first which is a modern day perming system. If you did the treatment on the large shields it would give them a subtle curl and straighten any lashes that are crossed over.

Thanks, Kirstyj1 and LieLash. LieLash, I just watched your tutorial on Asian hooded eyes. Such a great tutorial. Thank you so much! And I loved the end result on your client. For that set, did you curl her eyelashes first? The set I did yesterday, my client's eyelashes were going every which way and they were very straight. I plan on watching all your tutorials. Thanks, again.

No I didn't curl her lashes first - you can use a heated eyelash curler before hand.
Most of my clients can't afford both a lash lift and a set of extensions as it works out quite expensive so with an L curl they don't need one x

Extensions don't need to be bonded the whole length of the lash. I only ever bond at the base, even if the natural lash has the same curl as the extension the lash is lost if you bond all the way whereas if you just bond securely at the base the lashes have the potential to look fuller/fluffier because you've got the illusion of twice the lashes.
Also if from the side you think it might look odd with one uniform curl and straight lashes poking out then you can try blending a couple of different curls to make it fluffy/blend in more. Xx

Thanks! If you curl a lash and then apply an extension that matches that curl - will the entire lash (natural lash + extension) keep the curl for awhile?

Or will the natural straightness of the natural lash dominate and straighten the overall lash (including the extension) over time? (does that make sense? ;))

Ah.. good idea. Thanks! x

I would try the L curl lashes on very straight lashes, they give a nice lift and perfect for those with straight natural lashes

Latest posts

Back