Eyelash extensions - trimming them

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisonchan1990

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here but really need some help! I got Russian volume eyelash extensions yesterday. I told the technician I wanted a v natural look but the lashes are quite a lot longer than I wanted.

I've been Googling whether you can trim eyelash extensions. General consensus is to avoid doing so, but I really don't like the length! If I get my sister to one-by-one trim just the outer lashes (which are particularly long), then would it look ok? I've read that you shouldn't cut straight across and should cut 'into the lashes' but I'm not sure what that means.

Thanks v much!

Hello everyone, I'm new here but really need some help! I got Russian volume eyelash extensions yesterday. I told the technician I wanted a v natural look but the lashes are quite a lot longer than I wanted.

I've been Googling whether you can trim eyelash extensions. General consensus is to avoid doing so, but I really don't like the length! If I get my sister to one-by-one trim just the outer lashes (which are particularly long), then would it look ok? I've read that you shouldn't cut straight across and should cut 'into the lashes' but I'm not sure what that means.

Thanks v much!
If you cut straight across it will look really uneven, imagine it like if you had a fringe. The eye is curved so cut slightly at each one. Years ago people used to cut their lashes as they only used to sell a few sizes. I'd be really careful though as you wouldn't want them to go wrong and look and make you feel worse :/

Thanks v much!

Did you not mention this to the therapist immediately after application, or have you contacted her since?

I'm no eyelash tech, but would avoid trying to "trim" them :eek: but have them removed and redone.

Don't trim them! Lashes are tapered at the end, so trimming them would create a blunt end. Which would look very odd.

Latest posts

Back