Fabric kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I'm going to be placing an order tomorrow with creative and I'm really tempted to buy the Fabric kit to try. Do you get both fibreglass and silk to try in the kit?
Ideally I would like to do the course but I've been told I'd have to go to Leeds to do this and can't really afford the time to do this at the minute.

marie111 said:
I'm going to be placing an order tomorrow with creative and I'm really tempted to buy the Fabric kit to try. Do you get both fibreglass and silk to try in the kit?
Ideally I would like to do the course but I've been told I'd have to go to Leeds to do this and can't really afford the time to do this at the minute.

Hi Marie

Yes, you do get both fibreglass as well as silk in the kit!

HTH

Thanks, I was all ready to do the course and was quite dissapointed when I found out I'd have to trail to Leeds, I'll order it tomorrow and no doubt if I get stuck I'll be on here begging for help.

Hi

If your into fibre glass i saw that backscratchers are doing free trial kits of their glass glaze kits.
020-8752-1924

i like a freebie!

marie111 said:
Thanks, I was all ready to do the course and was quite dissapointed when I found out I'd have to trail to Leeds, I'll order it tomorrow and no doubt if I get stuck I'll be on here begging for help.

No worries - there are loads of really helpful threads with help from all the Fabric# queens on here plus some fibreglass tutorials etc. All the same, it would still be great if you can get yourself to an Induction course, especially now its all been updated - Leeds is definitely the closest you can get to?

Little Angel said:
Hi

If your into fibre glass i saw that backscratchers are doing free trial kits of their glass glaze kits.
020-8752-1924

i like a freebie!

Have to say, I jumped in there for a freebie (which of course I could never say no to) but have to say, its not quite your Fabric# or EzFlow Fibreglass - maybe its just me, but I just didn't find it was strong enough at all - maybe okay for overlays...just my opinion of course though, I hasten to add!

Hollyballoo said:
Have to say, I jumped in there for a freebie (which of course I could never say no to) but have to say, its not quite your Fabric# or EzFlow Fibreglass - maybe its just me, but I just didn't find it was strong enough at all - maybe okay for overlays...just my opinion of course though, I hasten to add!
got to agree with you, I trained with Backscratchers originally, recently did a Fabric# conversion with Geeg and I'm loving it, strong, gorgeous and faberoony. They are a lot stronger than I expected them to be, it HAS TO BE the 3 different resins that makes the difference, the boost is fantastic and so easy to use.
x

I've seen the ad for the backscratchers trial kit but have heard fabric is so strong and you can achieve a nice shape whereas others I've tried in the past the resin just wasn't thick enough if you were doing flat nails. Whitley Bay is my closest (only 10 miles) but they said there was no call for fabric down here so could be waiting forever for a class to accumulate. I could do it on a one to one basis plus the price of my kit which bumps the price up quite considerably (£170), I'll get the kit and see how it goes.
I've never tried Ezflows, has any one tried this in comparison to Fabric?

i fancy fabric too, i'd like to do a conversion, but my local academy says the same about training and only offer one to one. do any of the creative training centres offer the free conversion like i had with l/p if you want to do fabric ?
i want another certificate ! :D

Latest posts

Back