Face Mask for Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB1976

Reaction score
Hi

I did a spray tan party of 7 tonight and even though I wore my mask the whole time my chest felt awful after and I still get those horrible brown marks around my nose so I'm obviously still breathing in the fumes. Does anyone use a different Mask other than the normal Tan masks???? I think they are rubbish and I need a more industrial one but don't want to look like a weirdo.

X

Lol you made me laugh there "Weirdo" i dnt think you will look like that i dont use them what ones are you using

Austin x

Have you tried the 'sniff it's' yet?

As they go in the nostrils I would think they will do the best job of minimising your intake of tan solution.

Personally I have not felt the nned to use a mask or sniff it's yet. I just really blow my nose and clean it with a wet wipe. If I'm doing a lot of tans in a row I blow and clean my nose after every 2/3 while the clients swap (while one exits and dresses the next enters and undresses) this stops me getting tanned nostrils. I dont think there is much more you can do other than invest in an extractor to reduce the amount of spray in the air.

Ideally you should be wearing (if not the nostril plugs) an FP1 FP2 or FP3 face mask. My overspray is minimal with a good extraction fan and the 5008 machine but still dont wanna be breathing in any more solution than necessary!

I use the normal tanning masks but I double up on my mine and wear two at a time and have no problems, even when doing 15 people in one night. I don't get any brown staining around my nose and my chest feels much better by doing this.

fab tans, where are these types of mask?

Lol you made me laugh there "Weirdo" i dnt think you will look like that i dont use them what ones are you using

Austin x

Ha ha I meant I don't want to look like a builder on a job. I wear the silly material ones you get from the Tan companies (mine Sienna-x) I even wore 2 the other day and still I had a brown nose. I did 4 tans tonight and it was only when I got home and looked in the mirror I realised I had a brown hooter again, god knows what the people thought cos I was chatting away x

Thanks everyone. I am still pretty new to tanning and I still feel that I'm using too much solution on each client, so that along with not having an extractor isn't helping with the brown nose situation. I've done what people suggested and turned the nozzle twice to the left but I can't see where the solution is going if the nozzle is too tight. I'm getting about 16 Tans from a litre bottle which I know is terrible as I should be getting 25.....oops! X

Latest posts

Back