Facebook advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmarkymarc

Reaction score
thinking of advertising my nails on facebook has anybody done this and has it been worth while???

hey, when i first started i used facebook 2 advertise my nails and got loads of clients- every1s on fb so its perfect. i still use facebook now 2 advertise 2 my clients and i now offer more. so id say go 4 it

well i havent had abean out of it
not a thing
all my clients add the salon as a friend and "like" my business page but no one ever responds to anything.....
i could put my status as "all nails FREE today" and wouldnt get a single call....
personally i would put my effort into bumping my website(if youhave one) up the search engiene rankiings

It's worth it if you do any nail art. Take pics of all your work and upload regularly. I get bookings almost every time I put new pics on. It's worth a try as it's completely free advertising, at least until fb realise the potential income from charging people a monthly fee to have a business page, which I'm sure is inevitable :(

Hiya Mark!

Hmmm, for me Facebook isn't working (but I'm still a relative newbie) but I'm always trying to promote my business on there.

For me,. it's definitely my website and google! By far the best money spent! :) x

hi lisa hun! got my regulars keeping me going but im always looking to gain new customers.

I have had one since Xmas but I did it as a friend, I set one up a couple of years ago as a fan page but never got anything from it. By doing it as a friend page has enabled me to find clients from years ago, request them & now they are coming back to me so Its def worked this way 4 me :) good luck

I have had one since Xmas but I did it as a friend, I set one up a couple of years ago as a fan page but never got anything from it. By doing it as a friend page has enabled me to find clients from years ago, request them & now they are coming back to me so Its def worked this way 4 me :) good luck

What do you mean you did it as a friend page?

I have a fan page but it's not working for me - I've only been going since beginning of Feb but I have 3 friends that have liked my page and thats it so people are not seeing anything I write on there - means there's no point thinking of offers and advertising them on there & we aint allowed to do competitions anymore :rolleyes:) I know it's not working the way it is.

Well just did it as a person so I could send friend requests out

I've not had alot of work from mine but keep it going as I have nearly 100 friends on it and put on my special offers and photos of work I have done for all to see.

well just done my page lets c how it goes!!!

I have mine as a friend page & I started by adding friends then friends of friends & I post something everyday about different treatments at the moment it's pedicures with the warmer weather people are wearing sandals, also a lot of clients post pics of their nails or tag me in their status' then I get their friends booking & so on...... It's worked out great free advertising for me

Lucy what kind of offers or stuff do u say? Like for pedicures? Wots ur best way on advertising xx

I think using facebook is a great idea personally, everyones on there and most people I know check in on fb at least once a day, some even respond quicker to things put on fb than phonecalls or text messages x

Something like now it's warmer weather get beautiful looking feet to show off in your sandals spray tanning is getting busy now people are getting their legs out too!!
At the moment I'm also offering a discount if 2 treatments are booked together

It's fabulous - a good way of getting new business and generating more from exisiting clients.

Make your page as colourful as possible with a nice logo as the photo.

Pop on loads of piccies of your work - people just love looking at them.

You can use it in many ways - say if like you have some free space the next day can pu up something like 'hi girls have a space available at 1.30pm tomorrow if you fancy a little pampering tel xxx'

It's great say if you do have a quiet day in the week and want to put on a one daf offer to generate more business - you have quick access to a big market.

And re the nails you do - I find - dont know why lol - that your typical nail customer is also into facebook and of course everyone loves showing off their nails so you could even do like a competition where you ask them to put up a piccie of their nails done by you and give small prize for most original picture etc

Can be used in many many ways and is a fabulous way of communicating with customers and reinforcing your brand image!

And.... it's FREEEEEEEEE lol:)

Coool :D thanks! a just never know how to word things well so they are catchy lol! xx

Coool :D thanks! a just never know how to word things well so they are catchy lol! xx

Try and use buzzwords and even Google 'how to word advertising' or something and think of ideas. If you are stuck for ideas use the 'search' tool or again google, these are your friends:)

Always offer the client something rather than just telling them to do something or boasting about how good you are, on your website or leaflet for e.g you could write "Join us on Facebook for exclusive offers and competitions" or "Get your friends to 'like' us and receive 10% discount" People don't usually just write things any old way, just as people won't just 'like' your page, in business there are strategies for almost everything which are proven more successful. Happy searching:)

Try and use buzzwords and even Google 'how to word advertising' or something and think of ideas. If you are stuck for ideas use the 'search' tool or again google, these are your friends:)

Always offer the client something rather than just telling them to do something or boasting about how good you are, on your website or leaflet for e.g you could write "Join us on Facebook for exclusive offers and competitions" or "Get your friends to 'like' us and receive 10% discount" People don't usually just write things any old way, just as people won't just 'like' your page, in business there are strategies for almost everything which are proven more successful. Happy searching:)

Thanks hun! :D a will have a wee look about and see best ways xx

Latest posts

Back