Facebook likes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I've been through the search and still can't seem to figure out a few things.
(Im not technical at all!)

I created a page (not as a business page) for my business. Then I found out I need to create a page within the account I've created as a business page, which I've done.

I sent a message out to friends and family to like my page, they all liked my main page, didn't go into page within my original page to like it.

Can I merge these pages? If so, how? (Need simple instructions pls!)

I've liked so many pages from "what's your salon Facebook", still working through them. I've only had 13 likes on my page. 😞

Second question is how do I send a request out to people on my business Facebook page to share my page and like it?

Hope someone can help because I've been taring my hair out all evening try to do this. 😖😖😖😖😖

Hi there, FB can be confusing.

If you want to have a business page (aka Page), then you need to have a personal profile page (aka profile).

A Page can't operate without a Profile.

Basically, you want people to Like your Page but for Likes to count (or show on the number tally), anyone/or business who Likes your Page, must use their Profile, otherwise the Like won't show on the count. Annoying I know.

So when you go out to family and friends, give them the link to your Page and ask them to use their personal Profile when they Like your page.

Just on the sending out a request, if you go to your Page, then in the top right corner it say's Show, next to that is Build Your Audience, there is a function there to invite email contacts to Like your Page. Also, if you drop down the admin panel, in the bottom right corner, the should be a box that shows 'friends of your profile' and a function here that you can invite them across.

FB changes how it functions and where things are located quite frequently so I hope that what I've told you still stands. I notice that my bottom right corner with personal friends is no longer showing since I went over 200 Likes, but I believe it should be showing for you if you don't have many or are just starting out.

Hope this is helpful and good luck. It gets easier and it just practice.

Thank you so much for your reply!
I will sit on my laptop and try this today.

How do I merge my profile page, to the businesspage I've created within my profile page?
(which everyone has liked and I have over 321 likes)

Latest posts

Back