Facial and back cleanse before spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenH

Reaction score
Hi Family!

I am new to this site and equally new to the beauty industry. (Cam from fiance need a change!!!)

Was wondering if there would be any issues with having a facial and/or back cleanse before a spray tan in the same appointment.
Would it be ok to have a full body exfoliation treatment immediately before a spray tan?

Its something I have seen offered, but not by many salons/therapists and just wondered if there is any health and safety issues with this??

I think it depends on the tan. Certainly it was the done thing to have a body exfoliation before a hand applied tan but I wouldn’t before a spray tan. It’s not something we offer and to us it’s not financially viable.

Vic x

Oils/moisturisers will affect the spray tan. Clients should arrive with no product on their skin

You could do a dry exfoliation such as body brushing. However as said above, any products used on the skin will create a barrier and effect the tan.

Latest posts

Back