Facial brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Holly

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've just started my diploma of beauty therapy, and for our "business" section we have to pretend we are opening up a salon, and write an inventory list.

I've said in my salon I want to do facials (including indian head massage, electrical facials, microdermabrasions and chemical peels)

The fun part is we haven't started facials yet so I have no idea what the range for facials includes. (for example I know for waxing I'm going to need hot and strip wax, wax strips, wax applicators, wax pot, etc)

I thought I could be really smart and look up if each treatment had a "starter/intro kit" (like what we got for our Caronlab wax kit) but the only brand for facials I know is algologie (that's the brand we use) and I can't find anything :( please help?

There are lots of brands you can look up the products of Eve Taylor, Swissdermyl, Dermalogica, etc. Eve Taylor is probably the best one for this as the product names are least confusing.

Although you would have to check, you probably only need the typed of products, not the brand names. So the main ones are eye makeup remover, cleanser, toner, exfoliator, masque, massage cream, moisturiser and eye cream. You would also need a selection of each product to cater for different skin types. There are so many more products out there though.

Do you not have course books to look at for guidance?

You would also need to include headbands, towels, bedding, facial sponges, bowls and a masque brush.

Hope this helps x

We have to include brands :confused: Basically we have to write it out as though we are doing a stocklist for someone else to place (yay).
So we have to write EVERYTHING - from cotton wool tips to stationary, to how many beds, computers, etc. If we are including tinting, the tint colours, etc. It's such a pain in the butt.

There are lots of brands you can look up the products of Eve Taylor, Swissdermyl, Dermalogica, etc. Eve Taylor is probably the best one for this as the product names are least confusing.

Although you would have to check, you probably only need the typed of products, not the brand names. So the main ones are eye makeup remover, cleanser, toner, exfoliator, masque, massage cream, moisturiser and eye cream. You would also need a selection of each product to cater for different skin types. There are so many more products out there though.

Do you not have course books to look at for guidance?

You would also need to include headbands, towels, bedding, facial sponges, bowls and a masque brush.

Hope this helps x

This is a task I have done with many beauty students and this is how I recommended they tackle it:

1. Set up a spreadsheet on your computer (if you've never used excel then create a table in word with 4 columns) . Label your columns 'item', 'number', 'price ex vat' and final total

2. Get hold of a wholesaler catalogue e.g. Ellisons, capital, beauty express

3. Work your way through the catalogue page by page noting down the items you think you will need on your spreadsheet.
Select start up kits where you can to speed things up.

Once you have got the end of the catalogue you will have a comprehensive and realistic list of products and equipment needed to perform the planned treatments.

Hope this helps!

That's pretty much what we're doing haha (ps I'm in Australia) - thankfully they have scrapped the pricing etc, we just need inventories, I'm doing it in a spreadsheet, was just hoping someone could do exactly what you said in point 3 and tell me what brands/where I could find "start up kits" for a facial range (for the exact reasons you listed, haha)

So far I've already done that for waxing, manis/pedis, and will be doing it for tinting. But I've already done classes for all those so know roughly what we use, having not done facials I have no idea what I'd need lol!

This is a task I have done with many beauty students and this is how I recommended they tackle it:

1. Set up a spreadsheet on your computer (if you've never used excel then create a table in word with 4 columns) . Label your columns 'item', 'number', 'price ex vat' and final total

2. Get hold of a wholesaler catalogue e.g. Ellisons, capital, beauty express

3. Work your way through the catalogue page by page noting down the items you think you will need on your spreadsheet.
Select start up kits where you can to speed things up.

Once you have got the end of the catalogue you will have a comprehensive and realistic list of products and equipment needed to perform the planned treatments.

Hope this helps!

Oh I see, that is difficult as a student before you have experienced the actual treatment.

Ordering a free catalogue is a fantastic idea, especially if you need to include pricing because many companies won't give this information out unless you are a qualified therapist.

These catalogues also include a lot of the stationary, such as record cards, appointment cards, recommendation cards, appointment diary, etc. Remember to include things like bins, cleaning products, pens and pencils and till or cash box.

This will be a great thing to keep for the future though if you decide that you would like to work for yourself at some point x

Some of the big names in skin care won't tell you prices unless you are actually opening a salon so your best bet might be to visit a beauty wholesaler or get a catalogue that will tell you the prices of individual facial products. These will be more basic ranges but probably suffice for your course.

That's pretty much what we're doing haha (ps I'm in Australia) - thankfully they have scrapped the pricing etc, we just need inventories, I'm doing it in a spreadsheet, was just hoping someone could do exactly what you said in point 3 and tell me what brands/where I could find "start up kits" for a facial range (for the exact reasons you listed, haha)

So far I've already done that for waxing, manis/pedis, and will be doing it for tinting. But I've already done classes for all those so know roughly what we use, having not done facials I have no idea what I'd need lol!

Try putting Beauty wholesalers into google. You should be able to find a website where they sell beauty products for every type of treatment, facials, waxing, tinting, etc. You can sign up as a student and request a free catalogue to be sent to you. Then you can write down the products in the catalogue x

My issue is, I have no idea what products are relevant to said treatment as I haven't done facials yet. Hence asking if anyone knew of any websites that does like what CND do where the list everything in our section (like the spa manicure and spa pedicure systems)

Try putting Beauty wholesalers into google. You should be able to find a website where they sell beauty products for every type of treatment, facials, waxing, tinting, etc. You can sign up as a student and request a free catalogue to be sent to you. Then you can write down the products in the catalogue x

Any facial basic brand (basic steps are the same : using the ITEC facial routine steps) starts off with :
2ml EMR (eye make up remover)
5ml Pre cleanser or milk cleanser
5ml Gel or secondary cleanser
2.5ml Toner
between product houses)
5ml Exfoliator (I prefer enzymatic or cream gel instead of manual granular exfoliator)
5 - 10ml Massage medium / massage oil
Towel off or you can use gel cleanse again (depends which product some you don't towel off you leave on)
5ml Mask
0.5ml Eye gel/ cream
2ml Moisturiser
2ml Sun protection spf product

That using and treating décolleté and face area.
Disposable items used
1x mop cap
4x cotton rounds (cut in half)
2x tissue (client gets hold tissue)

Bed linen is changed after each client
(2x bath sheets, 2x bath towel, 1 X hand towel, 1x client gown , 1x pair of booties to keep feet warm, 1x towling head band, blanket or whatever used keep client warm over your towel)

Thank you!!!

Any facial basic brand (basic steps are the same : using the ITEC facial routine steps) starts off with :
2ml EMR (eye make up remover)
5ml Pre cleanser or milk cleanser
5ml Gel or secondary cleanser
2.5ml Toner
between product houses)
5ml Exfoliator (I prefer enzymatic or cream gel instead of manual granular exfoliator)
5 - 10ml Massage medium / massage oil
Towel off or you can use gel cleanse again (depends which product some you don't towel off you leave on)
5ml Mask
0.5ml Eye gel/ cream
2ml Moisturiser
2ml Sun protection spf product

That using and treating décolleté and face area.
Disposable items used
1x mop cap
4x cotton rounds (cut in half)
2x tissue (client gets hold tissue)

Bed linen is changed after each client
(2x bath sheets, 2x bath towel, 1 X hand towel, 1x client gown , 1x pair of booties to keep feet warm, 1x towling head band, blanket or whatever used keep client warm over your towel)

Latest posts

Back