facial questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikidee

Reaction score
hey

can any one help with a few questions i have

thanks

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Explain how you adapt your massage techniques to suit the different skin condition/types in the range and how do you adapt the treatment?

a. young skin

and

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]How would you devise a treatment plan for a different skin type such as acne, eczema, sensitive skin and dry skin and explain why a treatment plan is important?

Hiya, this would all be in your book but as I've just completed my exams I'll tell you what I put... For young skin you can pretty much use any of the massage techniques, although if they have sensive skin the tapotement may not be ideal.
In your consultation with the other clients you would decide which products to use as per their skin ie, cleansers, exfoliator, mask, massage medium etc all depending on what their skin needs, also how long you would leave the mask on etc. Any help?

Oh yes, treatment plan is important as you need to discuss and explain everything to the client, ie, time it will take, cost, what you will be doing etc.

Hi Massage on a young skin presuming that it is oily and congested (but not active acne) is too adapt the massage to contain more pore cleansing movements such as rotaries on the lower face and around the nose, pinchment movements (light petrissage) over face and neck to increase vascular and lymphatic flow, chin and forehead frictions (petrissage) to remove skin blockages. Tapping (tapotement) and soothing effleurage to finish.

Any inflammatory conditions such as active acne, ezcema etc should be treated sensitively and with gentle products, not too stimulating, Cleanse very gentle steam, non granular enzyme exfoliation, galvanism and gentle mask are all possible treatments. A dry skin would benefit from massage and ampoule treatment and nourishing home care products. This is general guide as there are so many variations and sometimes only apply to certain areas on the face. HTH :)

Latest posts

Back