Facial with epilepsy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillpat

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)

I am wondering if there are any modifications to a treatment when a client has Epilepsy ? I have looked about for info but can't seem to find anything. I obviously wouldn't use any essential oils during treatment.
Can anyone give me some info please ? X

If a client tells you they are epileptic during consultation your next question should be
"Is your condition well controlled?"
"When was your last fit?"
Make a note of their answers and record what medication they are on.

Most epileptics are well controlled these days and can be fit free for years. However, if they have been ill with other problems this can destabilise their condition but their GP will be handling this.

If a client has been fit free for a year or more then I wouldn't worry that they might have a fit on you.
Don't carry out electrical treatments on them where current passes through the body.
Normal manual treatments are all ok to do

This website has info about essential oils:

http://essentialoils.co.za/epilepsy.htm

Last edited:
How strange.....my wife is epileptic and me and her we're just discussing this today! I was going to lift her lashes but she only had a fit last week so we decided maybe something like that isn't a good idea while it isn't controlled!
After 12months fit free epileptics are allowed to drive so I would say most treatments are fine. If it isn't controlled I would be wary of certain treatments, mostly things like lash lifts, extensions etc. If they have a seizure and open their eyes it could be a problem.
With regards to essential oils I would 100% be careful if your products contain oils. The ones that are recommended to be avoided or used with extreme caution are tea tree, rosemary, eucalyptus, sage (clary sage is ok). I think that's all off the top of my head. Some people are fine but some aren't. :)

Just to add onto this note to also avoid electricity or facial machine with currents .

Latest posts

Back