Fake Bake Mobile Subscription

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I already work with Fake Bake but I've been to the beauty show today and hinking about doing the Fake Bake @ Home where they provide you their very fancy POD, Training, Promotial Material, Products, Insurance etc

Has anyone done this? If so it would be good to hear the pros/cons of this package.

Thanks

Hi, I use Fake Bake which i love as do my clients, i did see the fakebake@home demo at the professional beauty north 2008 and it did seem really good, i was more than interested for about 20 minutes until they started talking figures.....:eek:

I'd rather just carry on with what i am doing as it works out just fine for me!

I have to say i do worry sometimes that Fake Bake will stop selling to mobile therapists like myself so that this fakebake@home thing takes off for them.....

would be interesting to hear from someone who actually does fakebake@home.

Sarah x

They sent me a letter about it but it is way too pricy £750 plus vat annual payment then £25 per month and Im not 100% on this but I think their was also some thing about £3 per tan if you do tanning parties like I said not a 100% on that bit I binned it when I saw the monthly payment bit.

Cassi

I was seriously considering to do Fakebake@Home, to the point that I had sent off my application form, but therre was something at the back of mind telling me it was not all it was cracked up to be. I called them with some more questions and suddenly the price had gone up. They were only too willing to take my money without any agreement in place. The products given are the hire of the pod and gun, testers of the retail, business cards, leaflets and a uniform. I can't remember if the solution was included or not. When I asked then how they were going to promote it the answer was "as we did with our Faux Glow", which I am sure was just appearing in magazines. You would not actually be listed on there website as a Fakebake@home rep, but the territory manager would be, then it's up to them as to what they do with any leads they have. I don't think we can talk figures on here, but for example if every tan was charged at £25 you would have to do just below 100 tans before you break even for the first year and 75 for EVERY year after as there is a continous weekly subscription.

Whilst I really like the look of the pod, I deceided it was not for me and went back to my orginal choice of two providers and after talking to them both deceied to go with Tantrick. The equipment is mine, training is on a one to one basis not a group of up to 12 and the products have arrived when they said they would. On top of that I only have to do about 20 tans to break even.

I hope that helps even though I have not gone with Fakebake@home.

If you want actual costs just pm me.

Jacqui x

I had a conversation on this very subject with FakeBake@Home today.

I was relieved to hear that there are no plans to somehow stop supplying Fake Bake products to smaller mobile businesses like mine, and that really their FakeBake@Home is aimed at people for the Spray Tan Party market, looking to do an absolute minimum of 10 tans a week (but generally much more).

Like you, I still can't work out the benefits of FakeBake@Home but apparently it's been modelled on other successful home business like Virgin Vie, so they're confident it's been designed to work well.

So I'm happy to carry on in an independant fashion, where I can work when I want, create the odd promotion when I want and can, of course, change brands any time I want too.

Latest posts

Back