Fake nails lifting from skin on nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkh

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I have a customer she has a lot of skin or cuticle on top of the nails growing to middle of her natural nails and everytime I filed and refill they are ok but after a week , the skin or cuticle grow under the fake nails ( not only in the cuticle , it also in the middle of the natural nails ) and becoming lifting real bad. I tried as best as I can to file but everytime she came back I saw lifting bad. What can I do to prevent that problem? I have no idea what to do now. Thanks for your help.

What are your prep steps ? It sounds like you have not removed it properly in the first place . I don't see how within a week the skin can grow Over and under your enhancement.
I have a client who bites her nails badly and her prep takes me almost 30 min or more but her in fills the cuticle has grown down BUT it won't effect the enhancement.

Cuticle does not grow on the nail plate. It's not as if it's oozing out of the nail plate itself. It attaches to the growing nail plate from the sticky underside of the proximal fold so once you've removed it, it's gone. So i agree with nailpod, I think the issue is your prep

What are your prep steps ? It sounds like you have not removed it properly in the first place . I don't see how within a week the skin can grow Over and under your enhancement.
I have a client who bites her nails badly and her prep takes me almost 30 min or more but her in fills the cuticle has grown down BUT it won't effect the enhancement.

My prep is file the fill in , bond aid, primer and fill . So did I do something wrong? And what should I do ? Thanks

Do you not do any cuticle work? X

I'm curious as to where you trained my lovely. Cuticle removal should always be taught

Do you not do any cuticle work? X

All I do is file around cuticle and the grown part of the fake nails with band sander. After that I clean the nails and bond aid and primer and apply the fill. That is all I do.

I'm curious as to where you trained my lovely. Cuticle removal should always be taught

I went to school but they didn't teach much so I have been working with nails for 4 years now and learn by my own and my boss.

The lack of cuticle work is most likely your problem. I think you should find yourself a good nail course to show you the proper way to carry out cuticle care as you have to be careful so as not to damage the nail plate and so you can see what is cuticle and what isn't. You will also be taught the make-up of the nail which I assume you weren't told about as you weren't aware exactly how the cuticle growth works.

I'm surprised your boss doesn't do any cuticle work either. It sounds like your nails last well as they are, so with this extra training and knowledge your work should be incredible.

Best of luck x

Latest posts

Back