Federation of Small Businesses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I joined the Federation of Small Businesses, offers excellent business advice and training, legal advice, tax inspection representation etc.

I was just wondering if anyone else was a member and how they have found it - has it given you peace of mind or have you used any of the services?

Mat

I joined them when i opened in nov and the only reason was for the deal on the card machine - they have a deal with ulster bank that means it works out much cheaper and more competive rates than with other banks and sooooo much quicker only 2 weeks to install whereas with the other one i would have had to wait months. othere than that i dont use them get their mags every month

A couple of months ago I joined the Federation of Small Businesses, offers excellent business advice and training, legal advice, tax inspection representation etc.

I was just wondering if anyone else was a member and how they have found it - has it given you peace of mind or have you used any of the services?

Mat

How have you found it Mat and how much is it to join?

I joined alo to benefit from the card machine rates with Streamline. And as far as I'm concerned it ha been worth every penny just for that!

I joined alo to benefit from the card machine rates with Streamline. And as far as I'm concerned it ha been worth every penny just for that!

Same here, although I have had to use them for legal advice (on a Saturday afternoon - how many lawyers can you normally speak to then?!) I find them really helpful and as I am an independent therapist I have so much piece of mind being a member as I'm always waiting for something to bite me on the arse!!!!!

Em x

They sound cool! I must check them out too. The card machine discount sounds a real bonus as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been a member of the FSB for just about a year and apart from a bit of a hiccup getting it all started it's been great just knowing that they're there. I also have the banking and card deal via them.
They run networking events which I have yet to attend, but there's one close to me this month, so I hope to go to that one.

I use them for the piece of mind, if I need legal help they are there (unlimited queries upto £40,000 per incident I think), the deal on the card machine, cheap / free banking, and the support. If you get a tax inspection they deal with it all for you!

They are definately worth every penny for the peace of mind, and you can get some excellent deals on all kinds of insurance - they are the UK's largest insurance broker.

Definately suggest checking them out and talking to your local membership manager: Home page of the Federation of Small Businesses - FSB - The UKs Leading Business Organisation

Membership fee depends on number of employees. Self employed £120, 1 - 4 employees £170. Still a bargain if you ask me!

Mat

Mat

I joined them in Dec 08 and not used them once...yet

I am a member. They do free banking for life with the Co-Operative bank and good deals on your PDQ machine.
I have had to use them for legal advice and they were fab.
I called them up and they said someone would call me back within the ouir. They called about 2 mins later! They also do loans for those that need it.
I get a newsletter monthly too.
They are fab!

Latest posts

Back