Feeling defeated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
I'm really unhappy with Moroccan tan lately. It's not developing on me at all over the past month!

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm really unhappy with Moroccan tan lately. It's not developing on me at all over the past month!

Has anyone else had this problem?

My daughter and I found it a little unreliable in the end. To start with we were really impressed but then some tans didn't develop or last as well despite the application being exactly the same. (We only trialed it on ourselves, not clients. I like to be completely happy and confident with a product before using it on paying clients!). Considering it's quite a lot more expensive than Crazy Angel, my usual brand, I decided to stick with that as I can trust the results with that.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that MT tans are all express tans? As convenient as they are, I feel they can be a bit hit or miss. I have avoided using any express tans on clients as I think there's more room for error. Sometimes they develop too. Ugh and other times not enough. I kind of accept I go to bed with my tan on and shower it off in the morning. Yes, the sheets go brown, but it always washes out!

My daughter and I found it a little unreliable in the end. To start with we were really impressed but then some tans didn't develop or last as well despite the application being exactly the same. (We only trialed it on ourselves, not clients. I like to be completely happy and confident with a product before using it on paying clients!). Considering it's quite a lot more expensive than Crazy Angel, my usual brand, I decided to stick with that as I can trust the results with that.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that MT tans are all express tans? As convenient as they are, I feel they can be a bit hit or miss. I have avoided using any express tans on clients as I think there's more room for error. Sometimes they develop too. Ugh and other times not enough. I kind of accept I go to bed with my tan on and shower it off in the morning. Yes, the sheets go brown, but it always washes out!
* much not ugh!! Sticky keypad!!

Thanks for replying! I know, I loved it at first (dusk) and my clients liked the colour and fade of is lovely but they were unimpressed at how light it is. I loved it and how dark it was at first but over the past few weeks it has been very light and actually hasn't developed on my chest and neck at all... It has become unreliable and I'm quite upset because I love the colour.
I hate sleeping in tan so prefer to sit around a few hours and let it develop, I just don't know what to do now I don't want to change brand!
I definitely feel like fast tans are not as pigmented as original tans but there just convenient!

I got a sample from them as I wanted to try it, as it was developing I was super impressed but it just didn't last as long or develop as intensely as Sienna X which I prefer and use with clients, even if I left it on for as long as possible

I left dusk on for 8 hours and it was Brown, the other week I left it on 8 hours and it was a light tan, I'm sick of it being unreliable.

Hi I

I use LA Tan and never had a problem - my clients absolutely love it, maybe you should try another solution?

I am going to have a look into other brands but I more so want a solution with a violet base and short development time LOL not asking for much am I?

I am going to have a look into other brands but I more so want a solution with a violet base and short development time LOL not asking for much am I?

why violet base?

because it prevents orange tones.

Both LDN Skins and Suntanna v are violet based.
They aren’t very dark however I add booster drops to Suntanna and it’s lovely.
I only have one client that likes an extremely dark tan and I use la disco

Ash, try siennasol. It’s a beautiful colour x

Both LDN Skins and Suntanna v are violet based.
They aren’t very dark however I add booster drops to Suntanna and it’s lovely.
I only have one client that likes an extremely dark tan and I use la disco

I can't find a violet based tan? Can you give me the link?

Ash, try siennasol. It’s a beautiful colour x

I have a sample of it i got a few weeks ago in 10% but its a gold tan and I dont know if i will like it cause i hate gold tan.

Norvell’s Venetian and Venetian Plus are violet based and are gorgeous tans. They also do a Venetian One which is a fast tan. I’m using it alongside MT and clients and myself love Norvell.

Norvell’s Venetian and Venetian Plus are violet based and are gorgeous tans. They also do a Venetian One which is a fast tan. I’m using it alongside MT and clients and myself love Norvell.

How do I get a sample? can you give me a link? Thanks so much!:p

The Rep I deal with is called Gemma. The website is norvelltanning.co.uk. If you’d like to give me your email Ash I can email you Gemma’s no. X

Just went through my contacts and I've actually found her email: [email protected]
Gemma is lovely and can provide you with samples and advice on the tans. I understand what you mean about MT and come to think of it I have clients who only tan occasionally and will go for MT and my regulars are more Venetian and Venetian Plus

I have a sample of it i got a few weeks ago in 10% but its a gold tan and I dont know if i will like it cause i hate gold tan.
I didn’t find it to be gold. It’s lovely and brown on me.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510560963.854185.jpg
I’ve added a pic of me with it on. X

Latest posts

Back