Feeling ill after massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccaa

Reaction score
My client has been having monthly Swedish back massage treatments for about a year now and a couple of months ago she felt really ill after her massage for nearly a week, the same thing happened again but not as badly and didn’t last for more than a few days. Why could this be? I’ve literally changed nothing and nothing has with her either. The last time I gave a much lighter pressure but the same movements and she has been absolutely fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ill in what way?

Flu like symptoms

Is your client drinking enough water? It could be that they are lacking hydration, which can lead to the liver and kidneys having to work harder to process the increased amount of metabolic waste. We are always advising clients to keep hydrated after their massage, but we should also be advising that they are well hydrated before the treatment.

My client has been having monthly Swedish back massage treatments for about a year now and a couple of months ago she felt really ill after her massage for nearly a week, the same thing happened again but not as badly and didn’t last for more than a few days. Why could this be? I’ve literally changed nothing and nothing has with her either. The last time I gave a much lighter pressure but the same movements and she has been absolutely fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! It could well be that your client had something coming on already. Massage gets all your systems working more efficiently which is great but healing crisis is REAL. Where you feel worse before you get better so don’t forget to explain it with your aftercare. If the client had a lot of tension imagine all the waste removal happening, it can be tiring.

I remember my first ever head massage. I didn’t give a hoot about the aftercare, didn’t drink enough and had a pizza after. I was incredibly ill and dizzy and tired within hours. Run down for days.

Some people do feel worse before they get better. But if they say they have flu like symptoms just refer them to their doctor as it’s very unlikely a massage would make them ill, more make them feel worse when they have something.

Does your oil have any aromatics in it and could your client be pregnant?

Latest posts

Back