Feeling really lost please help! Groupon nightmares

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all I had been working part time as a mobile beautician and moved to a salon two months ago. I am working on a shoe string budget for marketing so tried a groupon deal thinking it will at least bring new custom in through the door while I work on Facebook posts for marketing etc.

Before doing groupon I had never had a complaint never had someone be so rude as I am seeming to face with some of these groupon clients!

I was proud of my 5 star rating on treatwell and wanted to just help out while building myself up again as a lot of my clients preferred not to go mobile but I just couldn't take he odd hours and needed a more solid working hour schedule for trying to build up for a home in a couple of years.

I need help what other methods of marketing can you suggest I really want to keep pushing the eyelash extensions and luxury collagen facials and SNS dipping for nails. And save my back by moving away from so much massage all the time. It gets boring having a day of just swedish massage!

Have any of you tried groupon and found that the clients you end up with are basically money grabbing and bloody rude?

I have ended up with a few rebookings don't get me wrong and I am so appreciative of that but most I hate to say just don't have any clue and get angry and rude at me asking for a client consultation form to be completed and to run though the treatment procedure and aftercare.

Our CND educator warned us off them, she said you'd only get bargain hunters who flit from one cheap deal to the next.

There's a thread in business called "will it make the boat go faster", there's some brilliant ideas on there for marketing.

Latest posts

Back