fibreglass and silk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbizzle

Reaction score
I have done fibreglass at college and i want to buy a fibreglass/silk wrap system from somewhere, what do you geeks think of this system and do you have any recommendations

Thanks for your help

Well I have only tried Creative Fabric# which is great, if you do a search on here you will find lots and lots of previous posts on wraps with loads of different views.

Happy reading :)

I use Backscratchers Powder Glaze & Glass Glaze and i think its fab. Glass Glaze is there Fibre/silk system. the following was posted by Minkus the other day:

"Hi all

In this months Scratch Mag supernail are offering a Free Trial kit of their Glass Glaze wrap system.

I know some of you use the Powder Glaze as i do..but heres a chance to try the other system.

www.supernail.co.uk or 0208 752 1924

Its only whilst stocks last so be quick if you want to try it.

Ambx"

Hope they've still got some left.
People can give you thier opinions on what they like and why but the best way really is too try and see what you like. but offers like this don't always come along so take advantage while you can.
Otherwise try to get to the show and see some demos there.

hth
xxx

i rang yesterday and my free trial kit arrived this morning by recorded delivery - hows that for service! Haven't tried it yet though...

LOL my favorite subject Fibreglass ............this system has come along way since it's it has first appeared in our Salons and Colleges............
I have tired many and that is how I made my final choise on the system that could give me Fibreglass and Silk at it's best...........
What I looked for in a system where, quality of resin and quality of activator.........
Can the resin be thin enough to give me a good bonding to the natural nail, a sound base so to speak.......will it saturate the mesh so it becomes virtually invisible.....?????
Is there a choice of Activators, will the spray be fine enough to ensure even and minimal misting, is there a brush on activator that works and doesn't burn.. will the activator age the resin before it's time ???????
Can it give me strength a durability............. can it build a flat nail, can it give me a finish that makes it look like L&P but isn't..........
So I use Fabric#, it works for me and is very much the stuff I had been looking for in a system........
With the Trade Show coming up next month and the month after, it would be a great idea, to look at all the systems and see them working in real time. Then you can make a choice and decide which one takes your fancy.........It always pays to check things out, so get to the Demo stands and let them strut their stuff...........So with these questions in hand, go and see whats out there and ask to your hearts content..........

wow, :D thank you all for you help, i think you pretty much covered evrything there ruth, i have read your tutorials i did not know until then that you could build with it, so i'm gonna have a good look at the shows and if your there will come see you too?
thanks everyone:hug:

Also have a look at Ez Flow (California Nails) while you there, there fibreglass/silk system is very good too. they do spray activator and brush activator. Also a building resin, have a look and see what you think. Hope you find the right system for you and enjoy the shows if you get to any.

my supernail trial kit arrived next day aswell, i tried it yesterday and was very impressed especially as the smell is not too overpowering, i have only really used star nail wrap system before i do lp and gel mostly but i think i will look at trying other wrap systems aswell now. i especially want to try fabric# after seeing what Ruth has done and said about it.

I have been wearing my glass glaze trial kit for over a week now. However i have worn away the corners, as usual :rolleyes: !! With l&p i would just sculpt new ones, but with fibreglass/silk how do you repair this? I have no lifting or other problems with these very natural looking nails. I have done a search, but cant seem to find a discussion relating to repairs on fibreglass or silk wraps. Any help gratefully received.

Julie

Fabric# system sculpting,
I love this, as the 3 different Fabric# Resin viscosities build a strong sculpt:
You can sculpt new edges with the fibreglass too, but saying that for sculpting I use both silk and fibreglass..............To repair edges, replacing a missing corner I do this:
  • file prep the nail
  • scrubfresh
  • apply thin layer of bond over the whole nail
  • apply a piece of fibreglass to the missing edge (the piece is just slightly larger than the repair area)
  • apply a piece of silk to the edge ( so one is on top of the other)
  • apply bond slowly, so the two layers are evenly saturated
  • let it air dry
  • apply build 2x to the repair area
  • wait a minute
  • apply build 1x over the whole nail
  • activate with blast spray
  • buff the nail even, Koala will do nicely
  • apply boost to the repaired area, brush it also underneath the nail, the back of the repair strip
  • activate this with the brush on blast front and back of the repair
  • File the edges, so it brings it all in line with the free edge
  • apply a complete covering of boost to the whole nail
  • buff and solar oil
Thats it, all corners are back where they should be
HTH

:cool: I shall have fun trying to master this. Havent tried the MTW yet either with fibreglass, guess what I'll be doing tmr. :lol:

Many thanks

Got to be the Fabric# system that Ruth uses, and Dawnie and Crazy and all have done so well in competition with this product which is proof of how beautiful the system is. (one of the judges thought Ruth's nails were Liquid and Powder because they were soo beautiful and clear and well shaped). So good in fact that others have tried to imitate the system ... but have not equalled it. Fabric# has the reputation behind it and many successful technicians use it as their first system in the salon on all their clients.

Attachments

• Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 32
i learnt to do fibreglass when i was at college and that was using a system i cant even remember the name of... needless to say i didnt think much to it at the time, and decided i would go with one system and just do L&P.
However now I am really keen to give it another go as i would like to offer another system, can i just ask .. In what circumstances would you use fibreglass over L&P?
At college the tutor really slagged it off so we was never given a fair chance to really get stuck in and have a proper go, but I would love to now.
She said its purely to mend broken nails!!! , think she was trained when the cavemen were still around.
As i understand it now, you would mostly use it for people who have abit of length but would like abit more strength to their nails,?? you can use it to fix broken nails etc.. is this right? So in what circumstances would you advise a client to have fibreglass rather than L&P. Also do they need infilling as often as L&P?

Latest posts

Back