Fibreglass help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
I was meant to be doing some training with Debs today but my litle one is sick so I have been playing with the fibreglass wrap system by the edge, couldnt get a fabric one and was impatient. I have printed off the tutorials and the problem i am having is how to get the wrap off the backing strip without touching it.

I cut the corners and then have to pick at it to be able to pick it up and lay it back on the backing paper.

I realise i am conaminating the wrap so how do i not do this please.
Also when i pull it down at the free edge it doesnt pull into one of my side walls.

Any help greatfully received

scattyfox said:
I was meant to be doing some training with Debs today but my litle one is sick so I have been playing with the fibreglass wrap system by the edge, couldnt get a fabric one and was impatient. I have printed off the tutorials and the problem i am having is how to get the wrap off the backing strip without touching it.

I cut the corners and then have to pick at it to be able to pick it up and lay it back on the backing paper.

I realise i am conaminating the wrap so how do i not do this please.
Also when i pull it down at the free edge it doesnt pull into one of my side walls.

Any help greatfully received

Hi there,
I use back scratchers at the moment, but I havealways used my chisel tool to release the silk or fibreglass from the backing.... then i used the backing to press the silk or fibreglass onto the nail then I commence with the first wetting....hth..

hi, i use a small pair of scissors closed and lift the edge up, the fiberglass then sticks to the scissors, i lift it off the backing turn the backing length ways and plade fiberglass back onto backing, place onto nail then rub gently with back of scissors.
it sounds complicated but it isnt.
hth
zoe

YEP, I DO THE SAME!!!!!!!

zaza said:
hi, i use a small pair of scissors closed and lift the edge up, the fiberglass then sticks to the scissors, i lift it off the backing turn the backing length ways and plade fiberglass back onto backing, place onto nail then rub gently with back of scissors.
it sounds complicated but it isnt.
hth
zoe

also do it this way to...

The fabric is usually too long for the nail, so i pick the corner off with my scissors, then pull it off the backing paper, well, basically the same as Louise/zaza does, stick it back on the paper and smooth onto the nail with the backing paper. I feel okay to touch that little bit as it does not come in conatct with the nail! phew, should've left you guys too it, much more eloquent that me! lol!

Thnaks girls will give that a try, couldnt fathom what people meant when they siad hey lift it an place it now i think i undestan

mucho appreciated

i lift my fabric# off the backing with my scissors, i don't replace it onto the backing paper... i place it straight onto the nail, i do this to all 10 then trim off all 10.
hope that makes sense.
xx

Latest posts

Back