filing off greenies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi i have just seen my 1st ever greenie, on a client i went to rebalance as her tech has gone to work on a cruise, and she told me that the tech used to soak the enhancement off , then file the green off the nail plate :mad: , now this to me seems wrong, is it common practice? sorry for asking dumb questions but i have never dealt with this situation before , any advice gratefully recieved , xx

I would just remove the enhancement, and buff the greenie with a 240 file, sanitize, then reapply extensions, making sure to dispose of contaminated file.

Thats what i did when i had another techs client. I refused and said she MUST go BACK, so she did and they told her to leave the shop as it was her fault. I ended up doing what Jac has said.
jac extreme said:
I would just remove the enhancement, and buff the greenie with a 240 file, sanitize, then reapply extensions, making sure to dispose of contaminated file.

Hiya

Be carefull when buffing though!!!!!
I would only ever use a white block and gently!!!!!!

Amanda

A 180 works wonder's..!!

Just Kidding :lick: LOL

Oh my God Vicky, you scared the living daylights out of me!!!!! I almost didn't see the "I'm kidding" message above your signature :)

Whewwwww .... :wink2:

Rose143 said:
Oh my God Vicky, you scared the living daylights out of me!!!!! I almost didn't see the "I'm kidding" message above your signature :)

Whewwwww .... :wink2:

Me too :Scared: - Jac Extreme's advice was perfect!

I know all of us know this but just in case there are people who look at this and don't realize that you can not get rid of the greenie completely. This is caused by the bacteria staining the nail and as long as you treat well as described above you can re-apply and it will grow out. Sorry for putting all this but I have come across people who have tried to file out the greenie completely.

thanks guys , the client told me that her norml tech used a e file to take the green off, and that she always got the stain off, now to me i would think she would have had to file a fair way to get it off, and i dont feel comfortable doing this , to be honest i dont wanna go back :rolleyes:
i am so glad none of my clients have ever got one, lol

Latest posts

Back