Finding lashes difficult

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi
The more I'm doing lashes the more difficulties I am having .
Position of client
Sepperation of lashes
Tweezers
Lighting
Eye strain
Size of lashes too lage for natural lash to hold.
Glue sensitive glue taking ages to set.
I got half way through a set today my glue stopped working and just stayed totally wet. thankfully I was working on a model.
Could anybody give me some tips please.
I have done 10 sets so far.
Thanks Jo

Oh and also my timing, imtaking 2 hours but I'm still not getting enough lashes on. The Glue is taking ages and my boss has mentioned he wants them done in 1 and half hours but I cannot rush it not yet.

I'd luv some advise. :)

Who have you trained with? Is it classic lashes you're doing? X

I have my client laying flat, as high up the bed as possible, with a lashing pillow under her neck, I have two pairs of tweezers one pointed, one curved, I have a light right above my head so it's nice and bright, I was suffering from eye strain and headaches so had my eyes checked and have glasses for close up work now, you should be using lashes 1-2mm longer or 3-4mm for a more glam, but I tend to do 1-2mm longer, I am taking no longer than 2-2h30 min for full set & and more than 1h30 hours for infills x I' trained in August/sept x

Hi,

I am still struggling too with lashes! I take about 2hrs for a full set. I use Lash Heaven lashes and Fierce glue which is quicker than the sensitive glue. I seem to be better at isolation but feel they still are not as neat as they could be when done. I am going for more mentoring with a fab lash artist in January. I just think it is a confidence thing especially if you feel pressured to rush the treatment.

In fact I think a lot of treatments start out this way until it clicks into place x

Hi all

The lash mentoring has helped so much.
I have managed to finally get 100% coverage. I am booking out additional time to the pressure off.

I don't know how all of you have been getting on ?

X

I trained in November and i have felt at times that I want to give up! Taking 3 hours to do a full set. Now I've cut down my time by about 15 minutes and my isolation skills are a bit better. I struggle at times with placement onto the lashes; I think my angle is a bit off at times. But overall I can definitely see changes and improvement in my work as I go along. I trained with a Glad Lash trainer and I currently only use their products. I'm ok with the drying time of the glue however as i get faster I assume i will need a faster drying glue.

Latest posts

Back