finger spa soakers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonysioux

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the finger spa soakers which hold acetone and placed on fingers to remove gel/acrylic nails. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these are they any good?
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I bought some of these & hated them. They leaked on some fingers, they cut off circulation on others & clients didn't like them. They ended up in the bin after just a few attempts. My advise would be to save your money. HTHs

nicjill said:
I bought some of these & hated them. They leaked on some fingers, they cut off circulation on others & clients didn't like them. They ended up in the bin after just a few attempts. My advise would be to save your money. HTHs
Double dippers,are very handy,you can soak 1 or more nails,they last forever,and are very inexpensive to buy.
Karen

I still find the most easiest and cost effective method to be the foil method

*soak cotton wool in product remover
*apply to enhancement
*wrap in tin foil for 20 minutes

Less equipment, less exposure to soft tissue, and works a treat IMO :)

tonysioux said:
I am considering purchasing the finger spa soakers which hold acetone and placed on fingers to remove gel/acrylic nails. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these are they any good?
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, I have some lying about somewhere as well.......after the novelty wore off I realized how annoying they were.....some clients bought a couple for them to soak off a broken nail at home if necessary....so I made some of my money back..but the time I took one off a clients thumb and saw it was bright blue! through cutting off the circulation....I chucked them in a drawer and never used them again....SAVE YOUR MONEY

I was not overy impressed with these myself.
Just my opinion

I think they are great - whilst I agree that sometimes if you over fill them they can leak and if you have bigger thumbs then they can get uncomfortable after a while.

I use them all the time if I am soaking off one or two nails. When soaking off my own I use them one hand at a time - so I can still answer the phone if it rings LOL.

I have tried the foil method in the past but I got fed up cutting up bits of tin foil - would hair foil do the trick?

I use the foil method for soak off ... yes Fiona, hair foil does work. In fact, I think it's a bit thicker than kitchen stuff, and I usually pick up a pack or two of pre-cut foils when I go to Capital Hair & Beauty.

Thanks for your replies, i don`t think i will bother buying them i will try the foil and cotton wool method.

I have not tried this method yet as I thought it would be too messy but after reading the posts, I think I will give it a go. Such a pain when you've only got one finger to soak-off! I use a little egg cup for myself!!!:eek: Well, it's all I could find at the time!!!

Silly questions tho.....:o How much acetone should you soak into the cotton wool....ie just a few pumps from the dispenser or soak the ball completely? Oh yeah...and is it better to use cotton wool balls or pads?

Have you heard about Fiona's soak off bowls? They're great. Oh...............sorry, you are Fiona.

Confused !!!!! Come on Fiona, where's your PR skills gone? xxxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Have you heard about Fiona's soak off bowls? They're great. Oh...............sorry, you are Fiona.

Confused !!!!! Come on Fiona, where's your PR skills gone? xxxx

Ha ha Kimmi,

I dont have any left - too many other people now sell them with much bigger advertising budgets than me LOL.

Latest posts

Back