First hair extension client nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joannesherrell

Reaction score
So I qualified in hair extensions with Belle Academy and naturally I went with Glamorous Lengths to source my hair as we were by default given a 25% trade discount on all orders which I thought would be beneficial for my clients and so far I have only charged for the hair and not fitting.

My very first client wanted very short half head of extensions just to thicken out her bob. I used 80g 1g strands of their 18 inch Indian Athenia hair, which was cut to around 14 inches and I used copper tubes to fit. Her hair is very strong and not fine, despite it being bleached blonde and she reassured me that she used the clarifying shampoo I supplied her with before fitting.

It looked lovely to start with and I was really proud of the job I did but just days later she is complaining that lots of the bonds are falling out. Even sent me a picture of around 8 bonds that came out all in one go after brushing!!

I offered to put them back in and asked if she would like me to try silicone lined micro rings instead, or I could try retipping and fusion bonding as I know these will be very secure. Now she is asking if I will be using the same hair as she is saying it has 'gone funny' despite not using straighteners on it at all.

Im at my whits end. Any ideas? Of course I want to make sure she is happy with her hair but now I'm going to have to fork out my own cash to supply her with new hair because she is claiming the GL quality is bad when I never even charged fitting to begin with [emoji53]

get her to accurately define 'gone funny' .. there are so many factors that could make the beads slide out, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as poss to determine the problem xx

I use GL Athena and not had a problem x

Search the hair you use on here someone might have something on about this website I think iv seen a few girls say the hair quality is terrible xx

I've used the Athena range and the Russian from GL. Never had an issue with the Russian range but the Athena range I had the same issue as you, loads of bonds falling out.

I've used the Athena range and the Russian from GL. Never had an issue with the Russian range but the Athena range I had the same issue as you, loads of bonds falling out.

Do you have any idea why this range would fall out more than the others? I don't understand it at all [emoji30]

Do you have any idea why this range would fall out more than the others? I don't understand it at all [emoji30]
I honestly have no idea, I used it just the once, luckily it was on a close friend as a birthday present so it didn't cause me a lot of hassle. I just purchased the Russian range and refitted.

I can't see how the quality of the hair would cause the fitting to fail ( it would explain it 'going Funny' whatever that means!) go see her, that way to will see for yourself what's wrong. It could be that u need to add more hair through the rings so they are nice and tight. If her hair is bleach blond then the extensions will be too so can be victim to the same problems caused by bleach i.e. Dryness, she may benefit from a good conditioning treatment or maybe some serum or oil on the ends. If all this fails then go from there. Good luck! Don't be put off though it's all learning. Xx

Try to use silicone rings at the beginning.Are are squeezing the rings properly?Which pliers do you use?

contact your supplier they should be able to help to x

Hey! I'm just wondering if anyone could help me out here please. I did my extension course around 2 years ago and I've done countless of extension sets since then and I've never had any major problems. A week ago, my client had a set of extensions done (method of mini locks) and since then 10 extensions have fallen out and I'm completely stumped as to how this has happened. I've never experienced a set of extensions to fall out this rapidly and she's explaining to me that she's followed all the maintenance correctly. Could you help me to understand if there could be any other factors that could contribute to why the extensions are falling out in just one week?
Thank you!

Go see her. If u look at them it will give u perhaps a clue. Maybe her hair is very oily and they are slipping out? Sometimes people are scared to wash them too much. Are they coming out with rings attached still or without? U will be guessing until u see her and go through aftercare again. X

Latest posts

Back