First set with Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your gelish course? I am looking to do a course in gelish as I have heard a lot of good reviews. I know you can look on the Nail Harmony website but I am not a member and don't have a digital copy of my training certificate on this PC.

I am in Canada. I never trained with Gelish originally as I trained with CND but I did the conversion day training to be able to offer Polygel. I paid a deposit of $150 which was then used towards my kit, so essentially I didn't actually have to pay for training.

Hi
I was just looking at the cost for the gelish poly gel training. It's £180 for the 2 day course or £270 for the full course and £349 for the gelish master kit. Its rather expensive! I saw that they will have a stand at beauty UK and they are offering 10% off courses and 10% off if wearing a t shirt but even with 10% off its still quite pricey. How does this compare to other gel courses? I haven't done any gel only l&p.

Hi
I was just looking at the cost for the gelish poly gel training. It's £180 for the 2 day course or £270 for the full course and £349 for the gelish master kit. Its rather expensive! I saw that they will have a stand at beauty UK and they are offering 10% off courses and 10% off if wearing a t shirt but even with 10% off its still quite pricey. How does this compare to other gel courses? I haven't done any gel only l&p.

It's not expensive at all when you work out how many sets you can get out of a kit. You easily make your money back.
I'm thinking of phasing out acrylic & hard gel to only offer polygel. Application is easier, quicker, clients are loving it and it lasts. x

It's not expensive at all when you work out how many sets you can get out of a kit. You easily make your money back.
I'm thinking of phasing out acrylic & hard gel to only offer polygel. Application is easier, quicker, clients are loving it and it lasts. x
I am charging the same as CND acrylic and LCN gel, but since it takes less time to do I have a bigger profit. From what I can tell, I think by July all my clients will be wearing it and I will more than likely discontinue CND and LCN hard gels and acrylic.

This is her first infill. She is what one might consider a problem client. Her nails have taken a lot of abuse over the years, harsh filling for decades left her with severe humps and bumps and ridges. Both thumbs, middle fingers have an exaggerated curvature and fitting forms is a challenge.
She came back after 3.5 weeks, not a single issue! She loves her nails so much, she could care less about discoloration in the top coat, which brings me to the issue of, discoloration.
4 sets of French I did in the last few weeks all came back with discoloration. I am tempted to ditch Gelish Top It Off for another top coat but that kills me cause I am a stickler for using the entire system as prescribed. However, since the product is cured and filed before Top It Off and I use plenty of gel polish over it on other clients I don't find using a different top coat a major issue. At least to figure out if the top coat is to blame?

Attachments

• 1494507959987.jpg
    1494507959987.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 441
  • 1494507970711.jpg
    1494507970711.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 401
This is her first infill. She is what one might consider a problem client. Her nails have taken a lot of abuse over the years, harsh filling for decades left her with severe humps and bumps and ridges. Both thumbs, middle fingers have an exaggerated curvature and fitting forms is a challenge.
She came back after 3.5 weeks, not a single issue! She loves her nails so much, she could care less about discoloration in the top coat, which brings me to the issue of, discoloration.
4 sets of French I did in the last few weeks all came back with discoloration. I am tempted to ditch Gelish Top It Off for another top coat but that kills me cause I am a stickler for using the entire system as prescribed. However, since the product is cured and filed before Top It Off and I use plenty of gel polish over it on other clients I don't find using a different top coat a major issue. At least to figure out if the top coat is to blame?
Just wondering if you could
D use tip with the poly gel a d if so what kind should I use?

Just wondering if you could
D use tip with the poly gel a d if so what kind should I use?

I only use tips with polygel as I'm not confident with sculpts. Works just as well. x

Yes, you can use tips. I myself prefer sculpting but the end result is the same if done well.

I guess it also depends where the nail tech is based, how many NSS are around offering a cheaper nail extension service and if clients are willing to shell out extra for a new set of "polygel extensions".

I was interested in doing a conversion course but I'm afraid that if I spent extra money on polygel training, the price point might be on the steep end that no one will want it.

I guess it also depends where the nail tech is based, how many NSS are around offering a cheaper nail extension service and if clients are willing to shell out extra for a new set of "polygel extensions".

I was interested in doing a conversion course but I'm afraid that if I spent extra money on polygel training, the price point might be on the steep end that no one will want it.
I have never concerned myself with nail techs in my area. I target a specific clientele and my price points have never been an issue. I have been doing nails for almost 12 years, and if anyone ever told me I was expensive, I show them the door. As you say, there are many cheaper alternatives.

It just arrived today! I am excited as punch lol had my first play.

Easy to work and manipulate, stays well
However, I was led to believe it does not move AT ALL, well it does. Gravity does pull it, will try to see if lowering my thermostat helps, although I keep it cool at 21C, it shouldn't have made that much difference.

There was a couple of nails where I was "cheap" on the white and ended up having to have to add more product. That does not work! After the cure, when you file/buff into shape, the areas where you had to add more product, peels away easily! I can't stress that enough, it will not stay, it has to be applied in one single bead.
Which brings me to my next issue. Layering and encapsulation of trinkets most likely won't work.

Filing is easy, files very soft and doesn't fly everywhere, which is nice if you are like me and hate dust all over the place.

This is all of top of my head, I am sure I will have more feedback as I do more sets.

It is on the expensive side, so I would add between 10-20% more to the price of sets and fills. My client loves her new nails, they are very very light and she says she doesn't mind at all the higher cost per set.
P. S.
I highly recommend using clear nail forms, otherwise it does not cure under the nail.
Those really do look nice. I'm very excited to try this product.

I've just received an email from Nail Harmony saying Poly Gel training is VAT free this weekend if anyone is interested in doing it

Hello what are the reviews on the gelish dip system and can you apply tip enhancements with the dip please

Hello what are the reviews on the gelish dip system and can you apply tip enhancements with the dip please
I personally don't do dip systems as I find sculpting better. I also don't think that a dip system would be strong enough to support a tip/extension, however I have noticed that a few technicians do extend with dip. If you do a search on Gelish Dip I'm sure something out to come up?

Do you think Polygel is compatible with acrylic for doing a fill? Or do you think you should start with a nail without any product?

Do you think Polygel is compatible with acrylic for doing a fill? Or do you think you should start with a nail without any product?
Yes it works fine. 3 of my clients came for a fill that had acrylic on their nails and I have 2 gals with gel. I debulked, prepared and filled with Polygel. No issues.

Yes it works fine. 3 of my clients came for a fill that had acrylic on their nails and I have 2 gals with gel. I debulked, prepared and filled with Polygel. No issues.
Thank you so much for this info. I can't wait to use this product.

Latest posts

Back