First starting out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz and glam

Reaction score
What did you find most difficult when first starting out in business?
At the moment i am finding self motivation and also my energy levels lol,

What did you do to make it better?
I am trying to eat better and get a good nights sleep, im trying to get into a weekly routiene but even thats hard!!

What was the best valuable lesson you learnt?
i think i still have a long way to go before i can answer that one!!

So come on think to the begining or maybe your still tweeking things now.(There are alot of newbies on here just like myself and im sure im not the only one who has bad days or feels slightly out of their depth from time to time.)

I think the excitement of starting my first salon carried me along for a good while. new businesses are shockingly hard work and long hours but you do get used to it.
I find that being super organised with paperwork helps keep my mind clear.
Motivation comes from within. nobody is forcing you to start a business. keep in your mind why you have chosen to do it.x

What is it you do?

I feel like that and sometimes you do get days when you can't even be aresd to get up!
For me it usually happens when I have a quiet week, I think it makes you feel worse, then you feel tired from thinking. I've just started out and I need to keep reminding myself that I chose to do this and I am the only one who can achieve what I want. No one else can.:hug:

It does get better with time as you grow in confidence. in answer to your other question, the most valuable lesson I learned is not to get too close to your staff. trust nobody except yourself. Harsh but sadly born out time after time.

The best lesson I learned is to DELEGATE!
You can't do everything yourself (unless you're superwoman).

Difficult at first as
a) you probably don't have full time staff and
b) your business is your baby, and you are probably going to be a bit of a perfectionist over it

You have to have self-motivation, no-one else is going to tell you what to do - which at times can be a double-edged sword. But just think - no stupid boss telling you what to do, isn't that great? Isn't that one very good reason to be working for yourself?

Good luck with your business, it does get easier with experience, a bit like most things really x

Latest posts

Back