Fixing grey from Dia Lights Milkshake 9.11

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kady1988

Reaction score
((( Apologies .... i misunderstood what ask a pro meant. i read the rules after writing this,, i am aware i have not followed the rules. and very sorry to irritate people with DIY issues... hope someone will still advise but i wont hold my breath! )))

Hiya! new here and just want some friendly advice. So ive attached a few photos, labelling what stage hair is at.

my hair was very bleach bright on the ends and a tiny bit tinged with orange on the roots, i'm not a massive fan of the bleached look so i went to bondlink ( for those not aware its a salon supplier store) i had a long talk with the lady there and showed her a picture of the colour i wanted, ( which is attached) she reccomended the milkshake range from Dia Lights, number 9:11. i did question her and said that is extremely grey she assured me that it will just remove any warmth and give me ash. i bought it. and then when i got home did lots of research ( typical me.. i research AFTER buying products) a lot of people said how very very grey it is! and after loads and loads of google searches i come across a thread saying that a quick 5 minutes will just remove the warmth and wont make it super grey.. still feeling a little worried i literally saturated my hair ( while damp) left it for 30 seconds max and washed out.

Now i don't hate it. its not a hair disaster. but its not what i wanted, it was really hard to find the right lighting as it looks different everywhere. in my bedroom it looks full on dull grey.. in my kitchen it looks light ash.. nightmare!! i've attached 2 photos of now. to be honest they're not very true, but near enough, im sure you professionals can see the tones of grey. so the reason for this thread is advice on how to sort it???

Shall i just let nature take its course and wait for it to fade... shall i find another toner? (if so, recommendations??) or another trick ive seen is 3/4 lemon juice and 1/4 conditioner?? if it did fade would it fade out to a lighter less grey ash?? or would it return to original colour??

Just to confirm, i have shown you 2 photos of my hair before i toned it, one with my roots, where you can see the warmth to it (please excuse the awkward angle, that photo was taken to show a friend my burn on my head =O )
and one of the lengths to show how bright it was.

Then 2 photos of now in different lights. and one photo of what i want.

My hair is pretty good condition just to add.

Attachments

• Hair Before toner.jpg
    Hair Before toner.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Hair Before toner roots.jpg
    Hair Before toner roots.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 40
  • also hair now.jpg
    also hair now.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 40
  • hair now.jpg
    hair now.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 44
  • What i want.jpg
    What i want.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Gentle bleach wash, just bleach and water and some head and shoulders.

Latest posts

Back