Flip flops in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you allowed to wear flips flops or sandals at your salon?

• Total voters

Jackyyrose

Reaction score
I am using a poll just to see how many of us are and aren't allowed to wear flip flops or sandals in our salons, I may be prohibiting them in my salon.

We wear them. What are your thought on banning them?

I have a home salon and always wear flip flops.

I wear them in my home beauty salon and in my part time employed beauty position. I think it helps show off your polish.

I know some hair salons view them as a hazard though, in case of hair splinters and dropped scissors x

It's a no no in hair salons. :(

I used to work in hair salons and spas and they always prohibited them, as a a safety precaution. I am now working at a nail salon and I like the idea of wearing them to show off pretty toes, but it could be a health hazard as well... if you dropped dirty implements On your foot I guess.

Definitely not in the salon. I can imagine having dropped a pair scissors [emoji418]️ and them aiming down straight on toes.

I think salon H&S says shoes should be non-slip soles, closed in toes and heels.
Flat pump shoes, kept for indoor wear only, seem to be very popular with therapists at the mo

Having said that I wear sandals so my pretty toes show in my home based salon.
When I've worked in a busy salon, I've always followed health and safety rules though.

At least clogs are out now!
I don't like flip flops myself.

There is an expensive salon near me where they all go barefoot! [emoji15]

Barefoot!!!!!
Very bad idea....there's nothing worse than a hair splinter! :eek:

Love a bloody flip flop me!

I live in clogs and I haven't worn anything closed for a long time.

I was taught we had to wear closed black shoes in college , and in winter that is what I wear.
In summer as we live in Africa you would probably die of heat stroke if you attempted this as no one wears closed shoes where I live including winter if I am honest. So we use those aero walk shoes with arch support and helps with sore feet after standing all day. They match our uniform colours :) and shows off new colours . I get a lot of people booking a pedi after seeing the new colours I wear in the salon. So change my colour once a week :) unless I don't use polish during certain times of the year.

As a customer, yes a lot between May - Sep each year. Some of the staff wear open-toed sandals.

I soke to my insurance company about this and they said they would not cover if an accident happened but it could be down to the stylist to choose as long as we add it to our hand book i.e. we do not recommend them (any open top shoes etc.) and if a stylist chooses to wear them it is at their own risk and then added the possible risks etc. I also get them to sign a sheet to say they understand the risks and we don't recommend them wear them.

that sounds normal as long as it's seasonally appropriate

No, first as a man my toes arent that nice. Secondly as you work with scissors and hair cutting machines and hair dyes it is not very safe otherwise. In all Salons i was wearing sandals was not allowed ...

Latest posts

Back