Foil foils foils!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireDix86

polishedpinkys
Reaction score
Morning all! How do you store your foils? I have a stack of them all in a clear plastic bag but I wandered whether u have any ideas on how to store them/display them? Debating on whether to do samples of each one on a nail pop so it's easier to show people but that would take forever!! Any ideas welcome! X

I have mine on pops, although I don't have that many foils. I normally choose a complimentary base colour & whack the foil over the top for example I've got a beautiful peacock foil I use that over lost labyrinth it looks great! Gives the client more inspiration too!! X

Morning all! How do you store your foils? I have a stack of them all in a clear plastic bag but I wandered whether u have any ideas on how to store them/display them? Debating on whether to do samples of each one on a nail pop so it's easier to show people but that would take forever!! Any ideas welcome! X

I also do samples on pop sticks (yes it can be time consuming) and I label these with a number and the name of the foil.

I then bought some plastic phials and put the foils in those with the corresponding number on the cap so I can find it easily in my drawer.

I have over 100 foils so I find this is the best solution for me as far as storage goes.

HTH

Attachments

• 13282065_10209274157072568_1025967560_n.jpg
    13282065_10209274157072568_1025967560_n.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 13245871_10209274157112569_1866477114_n.jpg
    13245871_10209274157112569_1866477114_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I do wheels love them

Love them! I have all of my cut up into workable sizes and displayed in a small inexpensive photo album at my nail table so clients can flip through it while I'm prepping their hands for their service.

How do you work with foils?

Iv never used them before. Wouldn't know how to start X

They are so easy to save me from typing just YouTube it

Which gel polish do you use for them? They dont stick to Gelish.

Which gel polish do you use for them? They dont stick to Gelish.

I use CND, the inhibition layer is fine for the "grunge" look, for full cover I use shardee nail shimmers glue (she's on eBay, Aussie ebayer)

I use CND, the inhibition layer is fine for the "grunge" look, for full cover I use shardee nail shimmers glue (she's on eBay, Aussie ebayer)
Thanks Miss Holly.

Yea I find it doesn't stick well for a full cover but I've been told to wipe the foil with scrubfresh first and then it will work

Yea I find it doesn't stick well for a full cover but I've been told to wipe the foil with scrubfresh first and then it will work

Hmm interesting! Will have to try this!! X

Even this video she does it

image.jpeg
Would you recommend two coats of topcoat over the foil or know how to prevent the foil wearing off? I done my own two weeks ago but the tip of the foil is slowly rubbing off and has done for about a week..
I rubbed the tacky layer off after the second coat and then used foil adhesive, rubbed on the foil before applying one coat of top coat.. Thanks in advance ladies x (sorry for the crap pic!!)

View attachment 197818 Would you recommend two coats of topcoat over the foil or know how to prevent the foil wearing off? I done my own two weeks ago but the tip of the foil is slowly rubbing off and has done for about a week..
I rubbed the tacky layer off after the second coat and then used foil adhesive, rubbed on the foil before applying one coat of top coat.. Thanks in advance ladies x (sorry for the crap pic!!)

I ALWAYS do 2 coats of top coat. I find most of my clients get a good 3 weeks without it lifting, unless they are 'pickers'!

Another hint I tell my clients is if they start feeling the edges peeling to apply a clear nail varnish to stop it getting worse, I find this also deters the 'pickers' from making it worse.

I only use foils and adhesive by Shardee Nail Shimmers in Australia. I have had no reason to use other products as hers all work perfectly and her adhesive is fantastic. I make sure I allow a good 4-5 mins for the adhesive to air dry.

HTH

How much do you gals charge extra for foils? X

Latest posts

Back