For the life of me, I cannot tan with just 50mls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupcake34

Reaction score
So I've done around 10 spray tans lately and each one I'm using a ridiculous amount of tan about 70ml per client and my bottles are just running out so quick now! I'm fairly close to the client and I only ever spray on a 3-4 out of 10 so it's not like it's blasting out, I always do the entire body twice as I'm using fresh indulgence and there is a very little guide colour to ensure I've got all the parts and to me that tan really does need two coats, anyone know any ways of reducing it as I'm seeing people say no more than 50ml?! How is it possible :( I'm using my tan routine I learnt at college so face, chest, arms, front of legs, turn body to side and do arms, inner thigh and outer thigh then swap so repeat on other side, then turn to back and do back and backs of legs) help :(

Ive never needed to spray twice so that could be possible why. Your using double the solution you should be.

Are your gun settings correct. Have you sprayed onto couch roll before starting to see how it comes out?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm using a ts50 and I do my first spray on a 3 but then you can barely see it so I do a four and I have my dial set so it's on the circle one. Always test on paper before hand too :/ I was trained at college to spray twice, it seems contradictory not to but then I suppose if you don't need it then what's the point of doing 2 :/

OK.

If you want to spray twice you need to be turning your gun DOWN so that each coat you spray is only 20/25ml then you'll use the correct 40/50ml per tan.

If you want to do just 1 coat then you need to turn your gun UP so that your using 40/50ml in the one go.

I would guess that if you did two coats on number 3 you would get good results BUT prob still be using a bit more than 50ml (and don't forget that how tight your front retaining ring is will affect what number your gun needs to be set on).

If your problem is not being able to see the guide colour then you first need to look at lighting, get yourself a clip on lamp with a twisted daylight bulb so you can see the client & then if that's not good enough you need to be looking at getting a solution with a darker guide so your not trying to spray the client brown with guide (you need to see you have sprayed them but don't try to spray them brown with guide colour as it is only make up your looking at and the more you spray them the more money your wasting).

Also having the gun on the circle setting will mean your wasting solution too. You should be using the rugby ball on it's side (so you get a thin wide spray pattern covering a good wide stripe as you move up & down the body).

Hi,
I use FI too and have the TS50. Sometimes I find if I have the front ring done up too tight the tan hardly comes out. If you're using carribean then it has a walnut extract so guide colour should be quite dark, try loosening the air ring at the front a little and see how u go. Obviously test on paper etc first. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back