Foundation Dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bekster123

Reaction score
Oooh i am soooo excited- I am really really close to booking up my foundation course with Creative but i have one last dilemma...

Rentention+ or Brisa.

Arrghh, just cannot make up my mind which one to start- already do Backscratchers Extreme tip & overlay but havnt done any brush applications for over 10 yrs so i will be starting from scratch with techniques.

It's driving me Insania!!!

So just give it to me straight.....

Geeks who use Retention or Brisa or both please give me simple for's & against (if any) & put me out of my misery

Go on I can take it...

Ta muchly, hugs to you all :hug: - I've got a headache :sad:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

L&P - it's said to be the hardest system to learn so why not use the intensive time to learn the most difficult system :D

That's not to diss the Brisa Techs - I use it too - in fact I am sporting a set of Brisa Almonds today :D

I agree with Trin!

I did L & P first and I find Brisa really easy to use so it's maybe best to do the harder one first!!

Good luck and let us know what you go for!!!

Tilly xx

i also agree too, ive just passed my creative foundation in l&p and i thought it was great. Ive heard its harder to master compared to gel so once youve done it you can do the 1 day conversion gel course and wont seem as hard. I am definetly going to do gel soon too. But i would personally go for l&p first.

p.s. youll love the course its ace, i didnt want to leave!! good luck

Hiya hunny! Just to say ive been trying to send you a reply in a private message, but it says your too full!! Too many people want to talk to you i see!! So make some room for me!! hehe xxx

I would have to agree - go for l&p first and then try brisa.

I did it this way and have to say found brisa difficult to begin with only because i became accustomed to l&P - but didnt take me nearly as long to master!!

Still alot of practising before im like some of you lot on here though!!

Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know how you get on

xx

I don't think there is really much in it other than personal choice!

Brisa Gel is Retention+ in a gel format so you will not be sacrificing anything by using it instead of L/P or the other way round.

More clients wear L/P than any other system so you may want to go with the market trend, but many will have gel if the technician uses it.

Both brush techniques are different and both require mastering the skill to be good.
I don't think there is a for or against, just personal choice of what you think you would like to do.

Well i was going to go with Retention until i just read Gigi's reply- now not sure again...

Which looks better/ is easier to do on toes because thats something i want to be offering or is there no comparison?

Are the products/costs for a set the same or is one more expensive?

Is one quicker to do than the other?

Trying to whittle it down here can you tell?

xxxx
geeg said:
I don't think there is really much in it other than personal choice!

Brisa Gel is Retention+ in a gel format so you will not be sacrificing anything by using it instead of L/P or the other way round.

More clients wear L/P than any other system so you may want to go with the market trend, but many will have gel if the technician uses it.

Both brush techniques are different and both require mastering the skill to be good.
I don't think there is a for or against, just personal choice of what you think you would like to do.

bekster123 said:
Oooh i am soooo excited- I am really really close to booking up my foundation course with Creative but i have one last dilemma...

Rentention+ or Brisa.

Arrghh, just cannot make up my mind which one to start- already do Backscratchers Extreme tip & overlay but havnt done any brush applications for over 10 yrs so i will be starting from scratch with techniques.

It's driving me Insania!!!

So just give it to me straight.....

Geeks who use Retention or Brisa or both please give me simple for's & against (if any) & put me out of my misery

Go on I can take it...

Ta muchly, hugs to you all :hug: - I've got a headache :sad:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm having the exact same problem. Still not decided but a previous thread by Gigi helped a bit. Here's the link (I hope!!)
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=14930
I am hopefully going to do my foundation in November/December (would love to do it sooner but my contract doesn't allow any time off) so I still have plenty of time to make a definite decision. I've more or less decided to go with L&P, for the same reasons that everyone else has mentioned, the only thing I'm waiting to find out is if there is a Creative supplier in Portugal, if not it may be difficult for me to get the products.
Hope this helps xx

Which looks better? I cant tell the difference between the products once they are finished other than the fact that the glossy shine on Brisa Gels is permenent.
Rmember that Brisa is R+ in a gel so ther e wouldnt be any difference in the look.

Is easier to do on toes? I use L/P on my toes so it is equal for me.

Are the products/costs for a set the same or is one more expensive?
It equals out to pretty much the same in the end.

Timing?
It takes a little less time to do Liquid/powdeer nails than gel in my opinion.

i did l&p foundation and then a little while after i did the brisa induction if you look at the prices the l&p is a little cheaper than brisa foundation and then the brisa induction is not a massive amount of money and you really are only paying for the brisa kit this is the way i did it andi thought it was great(hope that all made sense(ish)
good luck you will love it
joolz xx

Which of the systems are you much keener to learn first?
What do you believe that your clientele will want first?
However its always good to offer at least a couple, that is, gel and l&p.
Would be nice to do both, BUT you have to do one or the other first.
I'd tackle l&p first if I were you!

Latest posts

Back