Free Business Seminars Roadshow 2008

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABTAC Manager

Reaction score
In 2008, BABTAC is launching a major new initiative to help UK therapists make their businesses bigger, better and more profitable, or to help improve individual's skills and knowledge - and all at Salon Geek are welcomed!

Across seven venues in major UK towns and cities (Leeds/April, Brighton/June, Cambridge/July, Bristol/September), at each two-day (Sunday/Monday) BEST Roadshow we're staging 32 seminars, delivered by top experts from 16 of the biggest brands in the business. We'll be looking at new ways to trade, helping with marketing, developing ideas to save or make money on products and services and preparing the ambitious therapist to be busier!

Business experts will be on hand from all 16 companies before and after every seminar to help on a one-to-one basis, in a comfortable hotel environment, and there will be special prices, deals and discounts on products and services which are available nowhere else.

We're basing ourselves at central hotels to make access easy for everyone. There's NO extortionate car parking fees, NO admission price whatsoever, NO huge queues, any one seminar is FREE for all delegates and subsequent seminars will cost only £5 with a direct discount invitation ticket from one of the 16 sponsors.

Because BABTAC is a not-for-profit business, unlike some we're we're not looking to make money out of helping you - just benefit the whole industry by making your business stronger or to helping to make you a better therapist.

To receive free information about our BEST Roadshows in 2008 by e-mail, plus your Free Seminar pass, click here - BABTAC - The Official Site of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology.

(Full details of all seminars will be released in the second half of January - but you can register to receive details by e-mail on the above page. And if you want to wander round the rest of our site, please do!)

BEST is open to BABTAC members and non-members alike - and if you feel lucky, at every Roadshow BABTAC will also be giving vouchers (to the tune of £1000, to be spent with our partners) to four lucky attending therapists!

Look forward to seeing you there...

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

Is there anything planned for Scotland?

I have replied with a preference of Leeds, but am in Manchester so if any are planned there would obviously prefer that. Please can you post if any seminars are planned for the Manchester area.

ooh this sounds good cant wait! off to register

I have registered :green:

without sounding rude or podantic, can I just say you've spelt Garforth (Leeds) wrong on your form xx:o

Martigirl - Scotland is (I think) in November, but I'm off work with a snapped Achilles tendon so forgive me if I'm in error. We''re also going to Newcastle and NI, dates/venues to be announced

Tinywinky - everyone's a critic (but point taken!).

See you all there.

PHILIP

Martigirl - Scotland is (I think) in November, but I'm off work with a snapped Achilles tendon so forgive me if I'm in error. We''re also going to Newcastle and NI, dates/venues to be announced

Tinywinky - everyone's a critic (but point taken!).

See you all there.

PHILIP

Great news Thank you:hug:

Did anyone else have trouble sending the form? All the fields were correct.

thanks

Hiya

Within a couple of hours of posting this thread I received 30 registrations yesterday (Saturday) alone, and thanks to everyone; I'll make sure everyone on Salon Geek gets a priority invitation from BABTAC which gives them their first seminar free and any subsequent seminars for just £5 (reduced from £10) and, of course, a name in the draw for £1000 worth of spend with any of the partners at each show - so keep sending them in!

Places on each seminar - which, by the way, attract CPD points - are limited to about 50 per session, so it's 'first come first served'!

I don't think the automated form gave any trouble - but if anyone is in doubt you can drop me a personal mail on [email protected].

The seminar details will be available in a week or so, but as a tease; two of the BABTAC one-hour seminars are (1) The Essentials Of Running Your Own PR Campaign - How to beat your local competitors by generating local media coverage and (2) The Secrets Of Business Networking - How to positively create word-of-mouth referral, rather than just enjoying it when it happens.

Other seminars will be run by (among others, and in no particular order) Eve Taylor, Calgel, Lash Perfect, GloMinerals, Balens, Collin, SalonServe, Sterex, Fakebake, Inline and CIBTAC, plus four or five others to be confirmed.

These companies have helped BABTAC fund this non-profit-making series of Roadshows, and we thank them for their committment to the industry.

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
BABTAC

OOOO FAB !! UR coming to newcastle ill be there :)

Hey babtac manager - am no critic, just I thought if you put Garfourth into multimap for directions you wouldn't get anywhere. That's why I mentioned it.

But we are human and make errors, I make them all the time

Worked in sales and marketing for years hence picking up on this, it's not a criticism though just wanted to help xxx

" Hey babtac manager - am no critic, just I thought if you put Garfourth into multimap for directions you wouldn't get anywhere. That's why I mentioned it."

I wasn't taking offence tinkywinky - it was meant to sound humorous!

I will change it - honest!

PHILIP

oh I am looking forward to this. Great that you do roadshows around the country!!

Tinky

What excites me is that they're free and regional (not just in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinborough.

They're also set in really intimate, comfortable surroundings, so there's a chance and time to really relax into the seminars and, afterwards, talk 1-2-1 to the top people delivering them. We couldn't have done it without the support of some companies who are really committed to the therapist - there are a couple more to add yet which is why we have not firmed up the seminar programme itself.

When you consider that the Roadshow is being fully funded by Eve Taylor, Calgel, Lash Perfect, GloMinerals, Balens, Collin, SalonServe, Sterex, Fakebake, BABTAC and CIBTAC, there's a massive fund of business experience to be drawn on, and we have to thank our partners for helping us put this together.

We only launched this publicly a couple of weeks ago, but we're getting registrations every hour now on the website (go to BABTAC - The Official Site of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology), so it looks like we've read the feeling of the industry correctly.

And I can't wait to hand out four cheques for £250 each to spend with the partners to attending therapists at every show.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
BABTAC

Last edited:
Wow it sounds good, we can't all get to London excel unfortunately, its too far away and costs too much money to get there imo

Also I find the place intimidating, you walk around with your mouth wide open not knowing where to start lol.

Only been once for this reason, it doesn't appeal to me going all that way (I.E. London excel) to walk around on my own!!

Last edited:
Tinkywinky

Small though our shows are... it would be an honour to walk round with you, hold your hand and introduce you!

PHILIP xxx :Grope:

Tinkywinky

Garfourth now = Garforth!

PHILIP :green:

yay! know where I am going now lol!

Latest posts

Back