Friendship and business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne3

Reaction score
Hello geeks this might be a long one........
Anyway a friend of mine had the chance to buy a salon and offered me a room to rent for holistic therapies. She needed some extra cash quick to complete the deal so I said I would pay 3 months rent in advance as this was enough to bridge her gap. Since that time she has decided to change the salon and the type of clients she is targeting would not generate any further clients for myself and would potentially put clients off coming to me she is wanting all hair extensions, makeup, Botox curly blow I'm more holistic I would not consider working from a salon like that. Her attitude is very dominant and aggressive she has already lost me 2 clients with her behaviour and the only hairdresser has left. The salon is now a building site so I can't work in there and have had to contact my clients to arrange home visits. I have been feeling ill and stressed out with it all so yesterday I told her I would be leaving she would not discuss anything and got moody and told me to go she has previously told me on 2 other occasions to just find somewhere else. I collected my stuff yesterday as I now need to work mobile for the clients I had booked in I have paid her until the end of the month. I messaged her but she has blocked me [emoji22].

Anyhow sorry for the long rambling rant I'm just feeling quite bad about it all

She turned out not to be your friend then?
I can understand you feel hurt and used but at least you haven't gone into a full blown business partnership with her.
Probably best to cut your losses, draw a line under the whole experience and look for new premises to rent a room from.
Don't let it spoil your life, she's really not worth wasting your energy on.
Onwards and upwards! :)

Lovely. Just what you need. Try these people, it's £3 plus vat for a letter to recover the unused months rent.

http://www.thomashiggins.com

Sometimes losing a few £'s is worth it to restore peace of mind.

As above, she's used you to help get what she wanted. You're well rid.

Thank you for your replies I have been to visit clients at home today and they have rebooked for next week so that's great and all my clients that are booked in are happy for me to visit them for now.

I have since received an abusive message which I was expecting.

I'm so happy to cut my losses and get out of the toxic environment that has made me feel ill.

Thank you again for your supportive response I'm actually in tears from your kindness and reassurance that I have done the right thing

Much love to you all x

If she makes a habit of abusive messages she can be arrested for that, it's really not ok to do that.

She sounds a bit odd.

Best of luck. Sometimes things seem so bad, and it's an opportunity for something amazing to happen. Fingers crossed for you. It sounds like it could have destroyed you staying there.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back