From Conversion to masters need a time gap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Dumb question for the day..............do you think i should allow a bigger time gap between converting then going onto a masters class?

I am converting to creative in Jan ( cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And thinking of doing the masters in Feb.....

Do you think its tooooo soon?? I am so EAGER.

I also want to do spa manicure and pedicure asap......i can feel my pockets getting lighter as we speak.

Thanks

AMB

It is never too soon to learn more.

Masters Qualification Day is where you must prove you have learned it and demonstrate you have learned it.

This day is the one where you need to make sure you can do the work to the satisfaction of the educator so that you can win your Master Certificate. Before that, you can do all the classes and attend as many times as you wish until you feel you are ready to qualify.

Even the old GMG did the Master classes several times ... he couldn't get enough of them.!!

Eager is good, it shows you have enthusiasm (sp) My conversion is next week and Im planning on doing my masters in the new year.

I say go for it, training is worth its weight in gold, you can never have enough.

I did my basic course a couple of years ago, and am doing my Masters next week. I have only started thinking that I'm not ready in the last couple of weeks.....
Am absolutely terrified......

Will not give up though, I want sooo much to pass!!

Suex

Welsh Geek said:
I did my basic course a couple of years ago, and am doing my Masters next week. I have only started thinking that I'm not ready in the last couple of weeks.....
Am absolutely terrified......

Will not give up though, I want sooo much to pass!!

Suex
What makes one ready? When you realize it is time to go to the next level.

To get to the next level, you have to learn. Masters is about learning ...

So many feel that they already have to be fantastic to take the Master Classes ... this is so silly. Master classes are to make you fantastic. No one is fantastic before they do the classes or there would be no need to do them would there?

There is not the slightest reason to stress over doing Master Classes .. they are there to complete your foundation and intermediate training ... its all a natural progression. One can only take in so much information at one time and each class you do is a reinforcement and a building block toward the whole.

hi to you all, have just found this site and iam ALL CONFUSED....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! you all sound so knowlagable (big word) i have done my NVQ 2 in nail treatments and enhancments, but i want to no more and get more qualified and do better nails..... whats a "masters" and what do i have to do/go to qualify for one.. blimin ek i sound so pathetic. please help.x

kazza said:
hi to you all, have just found this site and iam ALL CONFUSED....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! you all sound so knowlagable (big word) i have done my NVQ 2 in nail treatments and enhancments, but i want to no more and get more qualified and do better nails..... whats a "masters" and what do i have to do/go to qualify for one.. blimin ek i sound so pathetic. please help.x
On completing your NVQ2 in nail treatments you have completed the minimum amount required to practice nail enhancement. There is an opportunity to learn much more in order to reach professional status with Creative Nail Design Master classes.

If you want to know more, then ring 0113 275 5719 and ask to speak to an Academy Adviser to find out the next step for you. They will also be pleased to send you a brochure that will outline your options.

Hi,

I did my vtct about 2 yrs ago now. I did my conversion in march, then my first master class in sept. I did all three master classes and then a 1-2-1, then did my masters qualification day in november. And i passed! Its down to parctice and individual skills, so good luck.

Michelle x

hi thanks soooo much i,l phone and find out all i need to no/do on monday morning, when i started doing nails i didnt realise that there was so much involved, no point only doing half a job...... just want to do nails like the professionals...! thanks again.x

Hi Minkus,
I agree with gigi. It takes time, confidence in your ability and practice. I did my conversion in March this year and have taken my master classes from September to November and next month I am doing my Master exam.
I feel personally that I am ready for my exam as i work within a salon doing nails and practicing when i get the chance.
I have found my "way" to do nails (its still creative but everyone finds their own niche
what works for them) and rarely get any negative feedback.
After all the reading and watching people one day it suddenly clicked and thats when you know you are ready.
But don't think that you have to rush to do your classes. Confidence and practice are your best tools and the ability to believe in yourself when you have a bad day.
All the best

Latest posts

Back