From Henna and bleach, roots blonde and rest light red/ginger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AríanaAntoniette

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here. Great advice you give each other here!

I colored my hair with henna, then I wanted my hair to be blonde again (i'm a natural blonde).

I have now bleached my hair two times, and my roots are blonde but the rest is light red-ish/ginger.

I don't want to bleach it again until after two months or so.

Do you have any advice for me what color I should choose until then?

Thank you! xxx

Attachments

• Hair resize.jpg
    Hair resize.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 40
Hi,

I am new here. Great advice you give each other here!

I colored my hair with henna, then I wanted my hair to be blonde again (i'm a natural blonde).

I have now bleached my hair two times, and my roots are blonde but the rest is light red-ish/ginger.

I don't want to bleach it again until after two months or so.

Do you have any advice for me what color I should choose until then?

Thank you! xxx

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Are you a qualified hair professional please?

Visit a professional hairdresser. It is against site rules to give technical advice to clients.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Are you a qualified hair professional please?

Hi,

yes I am a qualified hair professional.

But I have never colored me or anyone with henna before, and I am not familiar with what color is the best choice to put over traces of henna.

Visit a professional hairdresser. It is against site rules to give technical advice to clients.

I am a professional hairdresser, I signed up to this site because there are other professional hairdressers here. This is my first time using henna and wanting to remove it from hair.

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.salongeek.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-colour.276315/

I'm surprised that a professional hairdresser would use henna on their hair followed by bleach. Did you test for metallic salts before bleaching?

What level are you naturally and what are you trying to achieve?

Hi,

yes it sounds crazy. I was going to rinse it out with Wella color renew, but a friend of mine said that bleach was the way to go.

My natural hair color is level 8. The color I want to achieve is level 11-12.

This stage i am in is an in between situation, and I thought I would get opinions from others on what color I should choose for now.

You can't go higher than a 10. The 11/12 is just platinum tones on level 10 hair.

You can't go higher than a 10. The 11/12 is just platinum tones on level 10 hair.

Yes, but my goal is to achieve level 11/12 aka platinum.

I really don't think you're going to be able to shift that henna and get to an 11 without risking serious breakage.

Latest posts

Back