Frustrated with Brisa Lite sculpting gel!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigily

Reaction score
please help
Am I right in thinking that BLite sculpting gel is stronger applied thinner than thick?
Only on me I applied 2 thumb extensions last night and they seem fine but this morning I applied 3 overlays maybe a little thicker and 2 have started to lift already. I just finished them with BL top coat..
Is this product more successful as an extension product rather than an overlay.
Thoughts please asap as these are my holiday nails and need to last up to 3 wks!!

Thanks

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I always have issues with lifting when I use cnd. :/ which sucks Cuz I use everything else they have and they are at the supply I go to so I wouldn't have to make 3 stops just to get what I need but alas... I use something else and have to go to at least 2 different stores every time :(

Jigily are your natural nails in good condition?
And the thickness of the overlay definitely has something to do with it. You shouldn't be able to feel at the cuticle line where the gel ends and the nail starts-otherwise you'll get lifting here.
Also, with BL, I find you need to keep the base coat as thin as you can and sort of 'squeegee' it onto the nail ( bit like shellac base coat), then I apply a thin layer of the clear sculpting gel in a few directions, (like a scrubby layer) capping the free edge and then cure. Then proceed with the overlay. Hth x

Hi H,
Yeh they are actually. I've been using IBX which is amazing so they're pretty darn good even if I say so myself.

Yeh I scrubfresh until squeaky and literally scrape the base coat on. I def think the 2 that lifted at the tip were too thick so that's poss a reason, like no flexibility!!
Great advice on an thin sculpting gel scrubby layer, I will def try that. Do then refine surface & shape?

so putting base coat on like nail polish will cause lifting??? maybe thats my problem. whats the right technique to apply it? is this for all bonder/primer/base coats?

so putting base coat on like nail polish will cause lifting??? maybe thats my problem. whats the right technique to apply it? is this for all bonder/primer/base coats?
Yeh too much will def make product lift.
Especially so if Using CND LED lamp, less is definitely more in the case of LED curing

Latest posts

Back