Full face threading and acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailedit00

Reaction score
Hiya I have popped over from nails and I need some advice for myself before booking in for a treatment, I am not sure if this should go in here or in waxing but any help would be appreciated! I am thinking of getting my full face threaded to make my foundation go on smoother for an occasion, I have had my chin done before with no problems but I have heard facial threading can cause spots. I do have quite acne prone skin so I was wondering how true this is? I have a lot of hair on my cheeks and sideburns but I was wondering what other peoples professional opinions are? I don't really like the idea of wax on my face or hair removal cream?

Thank you so much xx

Hi I had acne and once when I was in Egypt they threaded my whole face when I went for lip and brows and it made my acne twice as bad :-( I'd try and avoid it

I do face sugaring a lot , make sure your therapist is actually a skin care therapist as well which usually lends to them having more experience with treating the acne prone and also hair removal.
I use the Hungarian mud mask after all my face sugaring (Alexandria). Threading can also be used and follow both us with a hi frequency treatment which should help wonders.

Some clients who have hormonal issues that can get bumps near side burn area I sold them the little facial roller of Folisan made by Depileve .

If you have a fringe or what word USA use think is bangs (very weird name), I would avoid removing hair on the forehead if you acne prone as it could potentially irritate your forehead.

This is all speculation as we have not seen or know your skin history or skin care routine or anything.

Just don't use foundation the first day of your hair removal as pores do generally in theory "more open" and if you acne prone then applying foundation or going to gym and swimming in Salt pool etc can irritate the skin.

I do face sugaring a lot , make sure your therapist is actually a skin care therapist as well which usually lends to them having more experience with treating the acne prone and also hair removal.
I use the Hungarian mud mask after all my face sugaring (Alexandria). Threading can also be used and follow both us with a hi frequency treatment which should help wonders.

Some clients who have hormonal issues that can get bumps near side burn area I sold them the little facial roller of Folisan made by Depileve .

If you have a fringe or what word USA use think is bangs (very weird name), I would avoid removing hair on the forehead if you acne prone as it could potentially irritate your forehead.

This is all speculation as we have not seen or know your skin history or skin care routine or anything.

Just don't use foundation the first day of your hair removal as pores do generally in theory "more open" and if you acne prone then applying foundation or going to gym and swimming in Salt pool etc can irritate the skin.
I haven't seen sugaring offered near me but I will have a look if I can find it do you think it is better than the threading? How many days before the event would you suggest getting it done if I went ahead with it? I might leave it because it doesn't sound like it worth the risk! Thank you for your help xx

Threading in itself is really non invasive meaning if you have sensitive skin then it won't tug at your skin or lift like waxing does so yes t would usually be fine. I say 2 to 3 days before should be fine. But before a major event I would make sure you do a test run first . You wouldn't want a bad reaction.
However in saying that.
Your body can produce histimaines to react to the body having hair ripped out and over stimulation can make you go blotchy etc but usually over the counter allergy tab from your local chemist would work . I havnt seen anyone have one to threading so I doubt it.

My cousin always does this to her face, she loves it. Down to individual preference I think.

Hiya I have popped over from nails and I need some advice for myself before booking in for a treatment, I am not sure if this should go in here or in waxing but any help would be appreciated! I am thinking of getting my full face threaded to make my foundation go on smoother for an occasion, I have had my chin done before with no problems but I have heard facial threading can cause spots. I do have quite acne prone skin so I was wondering how true this is? I have a lot of hair on my cheeks and sideburns but I was wondering what other peoples professional opinions are? I don't really like the idea of wax on my face or hair removal cream?

Thank you so much xx
I don't know where you are in Leicester, but we're a skin clinic in south Leicestershire and offer waxing. We can advise on the effects of facial waxing with your skin condition. A gentle non strip wax can be effective and pretty non invasive - all depending on your skins condition. Give us a call if it's worth it to you to have a complimentary consultation.
We're at www.blissandbeauty.co.uk

Vic x

How about dermaplanning? Im not trained but from what I gather a scalpel is used to remove the hair & dead skin.

Not sure if any geeks are trained & can give a better explination :) (id love to read it, my descriptions leave a lot to be desired lol)

Latest posts

Back