Full set $15 and is done in 20 miin...????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esc2mymind

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a lurking geek. I saw an ad for full set for $15 that takes 20 minutes and fill in for $10 that takes 10 minutes. I must say that i am a new nail tech thats trying to build but even i would not undercut myself like that. My question is do you agree with the prices? :rolleyes: Also ,how to you think the quality of his work is ? This has totally blown me away.

i cant understand how its possible! go and get a set done an let us know what they are doing!!!

Its easy, its done all the time where I live. First you have school girls on work exp manning the phones etc, they remove your polish when you arive, then the nail tech savages your nails with an electric drill, this avoids all the bother of preping nails. you don't have any cuticules left to push or much of a nail bed to dehidrate! then you slap on your l&p quick shape with your trusty drill and its back to the phone girl for your buff and polish, total time with your tech, 20 minutes. Do try not to drip blood on the floor on the way out!
round here that 'treatment' will cost you £30 and yes they are normaly busy.

Hi and welcome to the site Esc x
there is no way those nails are going to be hygenic or prepped correctly.
properly trained professional technicians who have a good working speed take more than 20 minutes doing the client consultation, prepping nails, sizing and fitting the tips, let alone being finished in that time.
I wouldn't go near that place if you paid me to, the clients they have obviously don't know any different.

Or maybe it isn't gel nor L&P but Prescription Nails.

Susie H said:
Its easy, its done all the time where I live. First you have school girls on work exp manning the phones etc, they remove your polish when you arive, then the nail tech savages your nails with an electric drill, this avoids all the bother of preping nails. you don't have any cuticules left to push or much of a nail bed to dehidrate! then you slap on your l&p quick shape with your trusty drill and its back to the phone girl for your buff and polish, total time with your tech, 20 minutes. Do try not to drip blood on the floor on the way out!
round here that 'treatment' will cost you £30 and yes they are normaly busy.

I'm guessing you've seen the salons at Weston Favell, lol!

Esc2mymind said:
Hi all! I'm a lurking geek. I saw an ad for full set for $15 that takes 20 minutes and fill in for $10 that takes 10 minutes. I must say that i am a new nail tech thats trying to build but even i would not undercut myself like that. My question is do you agree with the prices? :rolleyes: Also ,how to you think the quality of his work is ? This has totally blown me away.

Welcome ESC - it seems that this type of - dare I say 'treatment' happens all the time in certain areas. I am assuming with you talking dollars, that you are a fellow American (OK so I am just half but who's counting;) ). I lived in Florida for 4 years and what I saw of the salons in and around me in Sarasota was quite decent. Do you think it could be certain areas? I say, keep educating your clients and giving them your 'professional advice' - don't give them opinion, give them proven facts so that your clients are confident in what you tell them - word of mouth travels fast!! Best of Luck :!:

Latest posts

Back