Geeks do you think this is a little dodgy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Here is the email I have just received and I don't know what to make of it.
It just seems weird?

Hey,

This is Steve and michelle and together we are Rolard family....We are getting married soon.

A friend refered us to your website through search engine,after we were disappointed by the make up artist we earlier contacted.Kindly let us know if we can have you do the makeup for the bridal train i mean the flower girl,the bride and the best lady train of ladies.The wedding will come up on july 20th 2009 in london.

I will take care of your travel expenses and feeding because i will want you to be here with us 2days before the wedding.Kindly let me know your total fees for 2days,you just need to do a trial on your first day when you get here,then you do the normal the wedding day.I will send you airline ticket as soon as we reach conclusion,just let me know what the total amount is and if you will be able to do the makeup for the wedding.

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible.Thanks.

Best Regards,
Steve

In my opinion, yes it comes across as not being a genuine request. :hug:

Yeah I agree, cant put my finger quite on what it is tho...odd wording and its not like the man to email and ask for a make up artist really is it??

Hard to tell, why not ask him to call you :hug: The only weird bit is they didn't ask for a trial and you hardly need a plane from surrey to london!

To be honest i wouldnt think that is genuine x

yeah have to say sounds very odd, dont think it adds up

have to say, i think that sounds very dodgy! surely there are 1000s of other mua in london anyway!? xx

Hard to say but they sound american (like my other half e mails read sort of like that)
maybe it is for real and they/he dosent know a flight wouldnt be needed,also if he is not from hear that would explane looking you up on line ....i did same kind of thing when i got married in vegas as i did not know the area ect so i googled lol e mail back ask where they will be staying and where the weding is going to be so you can call the venu and check them out , if it is for real i am sure they wouldnt mind answering your questions,
C x

Yeah I agree, cant put my finger quite on what it is tho...odd wording and its not like the man to email and ask for a make up artist really is it??

This is what I said to my other half. What man would email me that and if he did he would probably manage to squeeze it into on line :lol:
I cant put my finger on it either :irked:
xxx

Hard to tell, why not ask him to call you :hug: The only weird bit is they didn't ask for a trial and you hardly need a plane from surrey to london!

Maybe I could get a plane just for the sake of it lol
I will ask for a contact number. That usually scares dodgy people xxx

well, all i can say is that it sounds a little strange. its the wording mainly. I think, you need to go with your gut feeling on this one!

tigi

the use of words makes me think that english isnt their first language, ie i will take care of your feeding. This would also make sense because i believe that asian, greek etc weddings are quite big elaborate affairs and therefore would probably want you there for 2 days so that everything is covered. Its also quite common for the men to take on more responsibility for organising and booking things in these cultures.

Personally as has already been mentioned i would get a contact number and maybe even say that you are bringing another therapist with you. His reaction to that should help you decide if its genuine or not.

xx

I have been asked to go to Guildford from London before for a hen weekend (no expense spared) so it's not that strange to choose someone from a different area if you like their website and pricing structure. Speaking in person rather than dismissing them would definitely be better. :hug:

I have been asked to go to Guildford from London before for a hen weekend (no expense spared) so it's not that strange to choose someone from a different area if you like their website and pricing structure. Speaking in person rather than dismissing them would definitely be better. :hug:

What is really odd tho weezie is that I don't even have make-up advertised as a service on my website. I had taken it off a while ago. All my clients know this so it's really strange how someone would recommend me. I have emailed him to ask for a contact number.
Thanks hun xxx

My first thought was money laundering. Can't explain why exactly, but I reckon they will be after your bank details or paypal details or something like that.

Why would he need to send you an airline ticket to get from Surrey to London ??????? :eek:

Very odd. The wording sounds like those scams asking to take payment out of a large money order and return the difference.

it all sounds very strange, even down to the friend referring them to you via a search engine - totally wierd
i would personally avoid like the plague, if it doesnt feel comfortable its not worth the hassle

My first thought was money laundering. Can't explain why exactly, but I reckon they will be after your bank details or paypal details or something like that.

Yes I was wondering as I have had a few asking me to store money into my bank account :irked: I will get to the bottom of it!

Why would he need to send you an airline ticket to get from Surrey to London ??????? :eek:

Very odd. The wording sounds like those scams asking to take payment out of a large money order and return the difference.

I will play along (obviously give no details) I really want to be able to put my finger on it!
xxx

well now you know it is a scam, block them. if they want your account details, then they are thieves.

dont give them any info at all. just report them to your service provider.

tigi
xx

Latest posts

Back