Gel building systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptJ

Reaction score
Hi. I was late to the game with Brisa Lite but I loved it so I still have a tiny bit in reserve. I’m all about the easy removal. At some point I guess I’ll be switching to the Gelish removable system. Any thoughts? ALSO I’ve been curing the Brisa Lite in my 48W led lamp. Moving forward do you think I should invest in the super fast new Gelish led lamp assuming that I’ll be moving in that direction?

Before you invest in a new LED/UV lamp, test a variety of soak-off gels from different brands. Each has their own merits and only be testing can you make a choice that is right for you.

Some companies with soak-off gels to consider are:
NSI
Bio Sculpture
Calgel
the EVOLUTION gels from IKON.IQ Nails.

There is a big difference in prices also to consider, and of course it's important to have a supplier who gives good customer service and can provide training if required.

Brisa Lite was by far the easiest to remove. I’m thinking bio gel may be next as long as you can get the remover. Straight acetone is incredibly drying to the nail plate and skin. Years ago I used to get Bio gel myself and when it needed to be removed (once because it was the worst application ever) THREE TIMES the tech just soaked me in a bowl of acetone and started peeling. Once they didn’t even use the acetone. I was left with bloody torn nail beds. A customer customer said it was my own fault for getting enhancements. I have very negative associations with bio gel. Brisa Lite has AMAZING chemistry to break down the structure of the layers so they just crumble off with no damage and no work. It perfect for people who want to start fresh or want a different look. It’s terrific for frail nails. I don’t know why they stopped making it.
I’ll check out Bio Gel again. I just don’t want to invest a lot of money if it doesn’t remove as easily

Latest posts

Back