Gel colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapphireBeaux

Reaction score
Hi, for those of you who use a gel (colour coat) over your extensions, do you find a gel pot of a hard gel (not gel polish/soak off) is better value than using a gel polish such as your shellac.

Second part to this post... If you do use a hard gel - which brand did you choose? I'm interested in those that are highly pigmented and could apply with one coat.

Thanks in advance [emoji179]

I'm currently looking to change brands and had the Brillbird catalogue through yesterday. they do a one step gel in a pot with lovely colours. not 100s in the range currently but the range is new. worth a look!

I'm currently looking to change brands and had the Brillbird catalogue through yesterday. they do a one step gel in a pot with lovely colours. not 100s in the range currently but the range is new. worth a look!

Thank you, I definitely will :)

Not had a response from Brillbird :-( x

Calgel is a one phase true gel system that is applied out of a pot.
I would be happy to send you some details if you are interested?
:)

Calgel is a one phase true gel system that is applied out of a pot.
I would be happy to send you some details if you are interested?
:)

Sure I'm open to exploring new options. Thank you

I've been using ibd hard gel for about 13 years and always used their pots of coloured gel, but since gel polish came on the scene the coloured gel became harder to get hold of. Now I do ibd just gel polish so I just use this for the gel nails I do as well as the gel polish treatments, it saves me stocking coloured gel AND gel polish. Also, the coloured gel was only uv curable so now I only use my led lamp for everything which saves time, especially when I do my own nails :)

I've been using ibd hard gel for about 13 years and always used their pots of coloured gel, but since gel polish came on the scene the coloured gel became harder to get hold of. Now I do ibd just gel polish so I just use this for the gel nails I do as well as the gel polish treatments, it saves me stocking coloured gel AND gel polish. Also, the coloured gel was only uv curable so now I only use my led lamp for everything which saves time, especially when I do my own nails :)

If you don't mind me asking, what LED lamp do you use to cure your IBD just gel? I also use this and only use a uv lamp at the moment so I'm looking to invest in an LED one I just don't know which one to go for! Have you ever had any problems curing your IBD in your lamp? Xxx

I couldn't find an ibd led lamp available anywhere! The only one there was was the little pink one which just looked a bit small and not very professional looking if I'm honest, ok for mobile nails I guess. So I've always used my Chroma gel led lamp as I already had that as I'd invested in the chroma gel kit already, wasn't too keen on their gel polish but the lamp is great and I've never had any problems with it curing my ibd gel and gel polish. The bottom comes off so it's great for toes too. Ideally I would've preferred an ibd lamp but just couldn't find one anywhere and seems pointless now finding a new one when the one I have is pretty perfect. Cost about £140 I think xx

Not had a response from Brillbird :-( x
Sorry, only just seen this, haven't been on in ages!
contact Liliya Moss on Facebook, she is main Brillbird distributor. She emails back virtually straight away. and shes lovely!x

Latest posts

Back