Gel Convert!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahp

Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but after reading a few 'threads' this seems to be the best place to get some unbaised advice.

I've been a nail tech for approx 2 years now. I've always used a L & P system (Star Nails!!). I've recently been thinking about trying a gel system, but there are just soooooo many!!!:eek:

What I really need is some advice on which products are the best and what/where to do my training ( I have already had some response to this from 'geeks' in a previous thread...Many Thanks!)

Also, when I originally did my training for L & P systems I also used UV acrylic, so I already have my UV lamp....the thing is my wattage is only 6 watts. Is this high enough or will I need a new lamp?

Please help me:Scared:

Hi Sarah, why don't you grab a copy of Sratch or Professional Nails. These are THE pro mags for the industry and ALL (at least the professional) nail companies advertise in them. You could then call all of them and get education info form all that do Gel. I am sure Alex or Kat would send you an FOC Mag for you to look at - I would subscribe to both; this way you are always up-to-date:biggrin:

Hi Sarah, it will depend on the brand of gel that you use as to whether or not you'll need to invest ina new uv lamp. The general consensus is though, that you should use the lamp that your brand recommends even if the wattage is the same .... it's something to do with the differing levels of UV I think, not just the wattage! HTH

I use NSI gels - the balance range-you could wait until the profesional nails at excel and the one in febuary you could go and look at all the different products that companys sell and ask about the lamp wattage while you are there-ps take a roller trolley to carry all the brouchures!!! whats more you get discount to at the shows! :biggrin:

hi,
i use brisa by creative and its great, however think its a 9 watt lamp.

Hi,

Just a quick thanks for taking the time to advise....have managed to work my way through the latest edition of Scratch...sending e-mails to all the big companies.

BeautyBonanza - I don't have a roller trolley....will a husband do?:lol:

Many Thanks

Mrs Geek said:
These are THE pro mags for the industry and ALL (at least the professional) nail companies advertise in them.
Dear All - I have just recieved negative reputation for the above comment in 'bold'!! Yes I am a big girl and can take it; whoever neg rept me (I'll check that out later :) ) was correct in doing so - there are probably companies out there who do not have the budget to advertise - this does not make them un professional. I apologise :smack: :smack:

Dear Mrs Geek,,

As one of the smaller companies that consider themselves ' professional ' but do not always have the budget to advertise your apology is greatly appreciated.

It was not me however that gave you a negative rep point . I don't know how!!. I must admit I was a bit peeved when I read your comment but all is forgiven now :D
Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK

perfect10kb said:
Dear Mrs Geek,,

As one of the smaller companies that consider themselves ' professional ' but do not always have the budget to advertise your apology is greatly appreciated.

It was not me however that gave you a negative rep point . I don't know how!!. I must admit I was a bit peeved when I read your comment but all is forgiven now :D
Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK
Thank you Karen - it just came across in an unfortunate way - which these things sometimes do!! Very much appreciated your response!! BTW, to give pos or neg rep, go to the top of the post and look to the right; there are three boxes that say +Reputation, Report Post etc. Click on the Reputation box and it will open. You can then award positive or negative reputation points and comment too. I generally leave my name and why if I award reputation (either way) but you don't have to!! Hope this helps! :wink2:

It has been my experience that most gel systems use a 9 watt lamp. I would not reccomend using NAILITE gels, I have had absolutely no success with them.

Latest posts

Back