Gel cured in gel brush!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do? Little blob of Brisa lite sculpting gel cured hard in my brush. So cross with myself. Is that the end of my brush?

Try soaking and working the brush back and forth in some d-sperse to see if it removes it. Whatever you do, DO NOT use acetone as it will wreck the brush for good. If d-sperse doesn't work then you'll have to get a new brush. I had some left in mine but d-sperse got rid of it. Took a few goes of soaking, wiping the brush out on lint free pad, soaking again etc but it worked

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Same thing happened to me. Annoying!
Can't do a link from my phone but ive done a screen shot of the advice Geeg gave me for you
Xx

Edit: sorry that was for the brisa lite smoothing gel base coat brush! Not your ordinary gel brush. I read your post quick & didn't realise. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364051451.501082.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364051451.501082.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 127
I've had to buy a new one. What a waste of money grrrr. Have bought the black brush case from sweetsquared to try and avoid doing it again. Was working near a window today and the sun shone for a full five minutes (!) and that was enough to start my brisa lite curing in pot. Had to peel a layer of cured gel off top. Must remember that too for future.

Don't worry you won't do it again lol! I think most people do it once:lol:

I'm practicing Gelish application at the moment and I just cured my top it off in sunlight! Didn't realise that could happen, silly me!! I put some cleanse in a tiny cup and put the brush in for 1 minute then wiped it dry and then used a nail brush to gently scrub off the flakes of hard gel. I repeated this about 6/7 times and it's fine now. It is a bit out of shape but maybe it will go back soon enough!

Latest posts

Back