Gel extensions with e-file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaEx

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just asking if any of you use an e-file when doing hard gel extensions? Does it get the job done faster?

Right now its taking me 2hrs to do a set and thats not with a colour!

Thanks! x

How long have you been doing e X tensions though? If you're fairly new that's very normal :)

It takes me forever too, to do nails, I'm new to the gel n acrylic world I sometimes feel rushed because it takes me so long, I hope with time n more experience I'll get faster, any tips on speed n when doing gels do you do the thumbs first or last cause I notice if I do all 5 fingers at once the thumb doesn't cure all the way

It takes me forever too, to do nails, I'm new to the gel n acrylic world I sometimes feel rushed because it takes me so long, I hope with time n more experience I'll get faster, any tips on speed n when doing gels do you do the thumbs first or last cause I notice if I do all 5 fingers at once the thumb doesn't cure all the way

I'm new to gel extensions too! I have the problem of them dropping down the side if I do a full hand including thumbs at the same time! I don't know if I should do the thumbs last or flash cure but I feel they take to long to do the thumbs separate & flash cure so frustrating haha x

How long have you been doing e X tensions though? If you're fairly new that's very normal :)

Just starting out! And find it so long to do haha! x

2 hours for a newby is completely normal . Please do not even think about using an e file at this point in your career . The use of an e file is a serparte training entirely and you can do some serious damage if you do not know what you are doing

Wheh I first started it took me THREE hours do do a full set natural .
Your times WILL come down with practice but bear in mind the industry standard is 1.5 hours so you are not that far off

As you become more used to the file and get more practice these times will improve . Make sure that you are using a NEW file for each model you do and good quality files as well. This can make all the diff to times
x

And the better you get at applying product, the less filing there will be to do.

And what Blossom said ;-)

Just starting out! And find it so long to do haha! x[/Q
And what Blossom said ;-)
How long does it take u ladies to do an infill acrylic it took me bout an 11/2 I had to sculpt one nail also is that pretty good or way to long n I do believe that the better u apply ur acrylic the less filing it takes. I just feel I'm slow as hell newbie problems lol

I Dont do L & P I use gel but the process is the same and it takes me about 1 & a 1/4 hours normally with colour . As said before times will increase the more you do and as Blossom said when you apply either L & P or gel correctly the filing becomes less

For new techs 1 and a half hours is perfectly acceptable . Work o your technique and times will improve
x

Latest posts

Back