Gel II reviews please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I had my first experiences with Gel II. Gel II is not available in Germany yet therefore I ordered it from the United States. I noticed that the Colour „Nothing at all“ is very similar to the Shellac Colour „Romantique“, I personally love this colour but it stress me because I can`t get an even application on natural nails. It is and will remain streaky, sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on how much ridges the nails have, no matter what I do with all your shared tipps and tricks. I was very excited now because I thought I had now a wonderful alternative to Shellac Romantique. But as I said it was the first time I used Gel II. Well, „Nothing at all“ gaves me also a streaky surface, lol, and therefore I made a third coat. But I was not impressed with the result and thought by myself, ok, it ist the right time to train the removal. I must say in contrast with Shellac the removal was a nightmare. On the first hand I used the Shellac Nourishing remover and after 10 Minutes (I know removal time for Gel II is 15 minutes) nothing has happend at all. The removal on this hand took me 45 minutes I think. On the second hand I used pure acetone, before I did break only the seal of the topcoat, now filed more of the product down. Now it took me 15 to 20 minutes to remove (with warm heated hands). But I wonder because on the package is standing „ Now soaks off in under 6 minutes“

The application of Gel II is very nice and comfortable. The consistency is accurate, not to thin and not to thick. Unfortunately I am not able to say that it lasts longer than Shellac because I removed it on the day of applicationo_O.

I am wondering if I should try with another colour. I think perhaps the time consuming removing may be because of the third colour coat but on the other way some use French pink as a Base Coat to prevent discolorations of the natural nail by using dark colours and then you have also three colour coats. Perhaps another reason is the top coat, I have used the „Xtreme Shine“. I have read that this top coat is stronger than the other ones. I think skill comes with practice, will have a try once more...

The first time I tried to remove gel II it was awful! I used nourishing remover and it wouldn't budge... But now I know why! It's because u have to use the gel II remover :) I personally think that removal is a little bit longer with gel II even when using the right products compared with shellac.. BUT it only adds an extra ten - fifteen mins extra max (and I'm slow anyway) I don't mind and neither do my clients because gel II a lasts longer on most of clients than shellac. Also there's no lifting issues with gel II and it's quicker to apply than shellac because theres no base coat and the brush is bigger. And there are no white spots after removal. So when I first used and removed gel II I wasn't totally blown away by it but I am so glad I stuck with it!!!! My clients love it and so do I. Join the creative beauty group on face book and ask for advice on removal or application is colours on there. They are super helpful xx

How can I join this group? What have I to do? I have heard that this is a closed group. I can`t find any or signs on their Facebooksite.

Thanks for assistance!

From memory you just click on 'join group' then you get a message saying you've been accepted x

Thank you so much for answering, squidgernetball but I don`t see any button "join the group" :(, have I do anything before this?

Hi, firstly as said you do need to use the gentle soak gel II remover and not acetone of another brands remover, they will take longer as not designed to work with gel II. When you first got your bottle of nothing at all did you stir it, we recommend stirring in a figure of 8 a few times and the. Rolling between the hands so the gel is mixed well, I use nothing at all and only use two coats, also you do not apply thinly like other brands, so apply a little thicker, not really thick but it's not a case of thin to win.

Hope that helps

Has anyone used the skyscraper gel that gel11 do?

I've used the Glass but don't do extensions. I use glass gel to repair nail splits and to give strength and longevity if client is prone to chipping.

Vic x

I also use Skyscraper Glass as a strengthener for clients that are hard on their nails. I tried it on my own nails first and grew them longer than usual to really test it out, it is so strong, I am so impressed! I now keep my nails longer by using 'Glass' with every change of polish. I only do natural nails, so can't comment on using it as an extension. HTH x

I use skyscraper gel for ext and it's an amazing product, self levels, strong, no lifting and beats any other soak of enhancement gel product I've used in the past.

It's pretty expensive but I need something that's hard wearing

Hi, firstly as said you do need to use the gentle soak gel II remover and not acetone of another brands remover, they will take longer as not designed to work with gel II. When you first got your bottle of nothing at all did you stir it, we recommend stirring in a figure of 8 a few times and the. Rolling between the hands so the gel is mixed well, I use nothing at all and only use two coats, also you do not apply thinly like other brands, so apply a little thicker, not really thick but it's not a case of thin to win.

Hope that helps

On all the videos I've seen they say apply thin, and a bit thicker on the 2nd coat. Would you say apply thicker on all coats then?

who distributes gel ll?

I use Skyscraper for doing overlays on clients. It is amazing.

This is a client who spent 4 weeks in Australia's nails. I saw her on week 5 which is when I took this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 104
will d.sperse work with gel 11 instead of their cleanser??

I was going to buy a colour and the top coat to see how I get on with gel ll but can I use my ibd cleaner as I don't want to replace my stuff with trying it out a few times?

I would say it's worth buying a small bottle of Supershine cleanse and a small bottle of remover. With one colour and one bottle of topcoat it's not a massive outlay and I know that Gel II didn't work with scrub fresh at all - it generally lifted and might do the same with your IBD cleanser which won't give you a true test of the product.

If you don't like it, it's easily sold using one of the FB pages for pros x

Just ordered the top coat,1 colour and the small bottle of cleanser wish me luck [emoji39] hope it works with my led lamp.

Personally love the gel II Polish , all my clients are preferring it to shellac and it has a lovely colour range . I also just purchased their LED lamp which I'm very impressed with too x

Latest posts

Back